Rumour Mill: Some analyst predicts Kia not long for this world.

KIA and Hyundai have equal shares of the market here.

Surprisingly Kias and Hyundais are fairly rare on this little island. Daihatsus, on the other hand, are almost more common than air.

This seems like rubbish to me. I have seen loads of new KIA's around in the wake of the scrapage scheme.

Wait, Kia and Hyndai are the same company? :|

Surprisingly Kias and Hyundais are fairly rare on this little island. Daihatsus, on the other hand, are almost more common than air.

I am fairly certain that is because of the utter hatred the Koreans have for the Japanese, and I doubt they make a distinction with the good people of Okinawa either.

Wait, Kia and Hyndai are the same company? :|

The company HQ's and very literally right next to each other, two 40-50 story towers on the south side of Seoul.

Last edited:
People read Yahoo Finance?

Yahoo is probably one of the last companies I'd take financial advice from.

If anything, I would say that Kia has a bigger chance of survival than Mitsubishi or Suzuki. In fact, I don't see them going anywhere any time soon. Right now they have some pretty decent products in the market place. The Kia Forte is a pretty decent compact sedan, and the Soul better than the fat Scions of now. Clearly, these "analysts" know absolutely nothing about cars or the car industry.

I'm going to a Kia dealer tomorrow to see about getting a new Forte sedan. I rented one a couple months ago and loved it. I want one in the dark cherry exterior with brown interior.

Great news! I found a picture!

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/07/13/4728473046_526a6d5720_b.jpg

Look at that picture go. Anyway. South Korea is the France of the orient, both have two conjoined auto companies and Renault.

C'mon...you lived in Japan long enough, you should know why the Japanese would not drive a Korean car. It's xenophobia.

As if they'd tell him that. He's foreign.

Hyundai does not have a reputation for high quality cars down here.

Neither did it in the US until very recently, now that reputation is quickly changing. None of the local motor journalists can make fun of the car maker anymore since they continue to make quality/tech leaps and bounds that shame the more well established competition.

If anything, I would say that Kia has a bigger chance of survival than Mitsubishi or Suzuki. In fact, I don't see them going anywhere any time soon. Right now they have some pretty decent products in the market place. The Kia Forte is a pretty decent compact sedan, and the Soul better than the fat Scions of now. Clearly, these "analysts" know absolutely nothing about cars or the car industry.

Truth. I see Kias everywhere (along with Hyundais). I essentially never see Suzukis, and except for a few boy racers in EVOs, I essentially never see Mitsubishis.