Take us for a drive in your country

Since all of my daily driving are recorded on the GoPro, and since I've had to clean out the memory once a week, I thought I'll upload to Youtube some of the worst driving I've encountered over the week.

Might not be as exciting as some of the Asian ones, but here they are anyways.

good stuff.. BC drivers are like the drivers down here, but slower :D

so I went back and found some old GoPro Wide SD video from two years ago. I made a compilation of the videos and cut things down using youtube's new editor. Unfortunately youtube then cut my titles up a bit.. but it all makes enough sense anyway.

the video follows this route, from western Washington near the Puget Sound to eastern Washington near the Columbia River, via a couple of mountain passes in the Cascades:
screen-10-03-2011_1.jpg

I have a much better camera now.. so I can post better video up at some point.

so I went back and found some old GoPro Wide SD video from two years ago. I made a compilation of the videos and cut things down using youtube's new editor. Unfortunately youtube then cut my titles up a bit.. but it all makes enough sense anyway.

the video follows this route, from western Washington near the Puget Sound to eastern Washington near the Columbia River, via a couple of mountain passes in the Cascades:

*snip*

I have a much better camera now.. so I can post better video up at some point.

US-2! Here's my take of the similar route:

Steven's Pass as well:

From this thread: http://forums.finalgear.com/general-automotive/i-visit-bavaria-in-my-bavarian-motor-works-49740/

Last edited:
US-2! Here's my take of the similar route:

I know the highway very well.. I'm in Leavenworth often

that part of US-2 in your first video is a beautiful section of very boring road. It's heavy with traffic with few passing zones, the speed limit is too low, and the state patrol and county sheriff enforce it frequently. I usually avoid it and take a back road into town..

Last edited:
that part of US-2 in your first video is a beautiful section of very boring road. It's heavy with traffic with few passing zones, the speed limit is too low, and the state patrol and county sheriff enforce it frequently. I usually avoid it and take a back road into town..

Yeah, US-2 wasn't bad but definitely wasn't as good as WA-20 that I did the following day. Though, WA-20 Westbound on a Sunday afternoon was kind of trafficky, AND there's absolutely no passing, period :(

Any chance you can share some local routes in the area? Other than Chumstick Road (which looks like the one you took in that video), I don't really see anything promising that gets you into Leavenworth.

Oh, to keep the thread on topic, here's a couple of bad Vancouver driving videos:

All these, in a single large block! On the same trip (coming back from the 2011 Tippmann Challenge West), I was also tail-gated by a lifted up pickup truck on the highway, but I shook him off by taking a "suggested" 25mph off-ramp at 60mph :p That was also on film, but since the camera was pointed forward and the viewer could barely see the truck in my rear-view, it wasn't worth posting.

Yeah, US-2 wasn't bad but definitely wasn't as good as WA-20 that I did the following day. Though, WA-20 Westbound on a Sunday afternoon was kind of trafficky, AND there's absolutely no passing, period :(

Any chance you can share some local routes in the area? Other than Chumstick Road (which looks like the one you took in that video), I don't really see anything promising that gets you into Leavenworth.

SR-20 is definitely a better road.. but with almost no passing zones and tons of slow traffic it can be horribly boring. The scenery makes up for it though. I just drove it last week.. on a Thursday morning with almost no traffic. It's the first time I've been able to actually enjoy the road without other cars getting in my way. :thumbsup:

As for SR-2, the only good (and paved) alternates are Chumstick Hwy on the east side (and it's very good) and Ben Howard Rd. on the western side (between Monroe and Sultan). Both are in my video. Any other possibilities are unpaved forest roads, which have great views but are slow, and some are impassible if your car is at all low.

I had really wanted to explore some of the WA state highways in eastern Washington this summer but I never got around to it. There are a couple north of I-90 that I haven't driven yet... and look quite promising.

Last edited:
I have about 45 minutes of video from my drive to the North Cascades Hwy last week.. but most of it is on I-5 in morning rush hour traffic. It's boring.

Maybe I'll see about cutting it up and only showing 'interesting' parts... if I can find any. First I'd have to find an editor that makes that easy.

A relaxing drive through the Tennessee countryside in my old Ford.

Another time-lapsed Autobahn run :)

I have to find a way to mount my gopro stably behind the front seats. Maybe an extendable rod with suction mounts on each side to attach to the inside of the rear windows and the handlebar mount...

Premiere Pro.

Right click on video, click speed, enter percentage.
Right click on video, click Blend frames.

Viola, sped up, smooth video.

Viola_21833.jpg

I see....

unfortunately Premiere Pro refuses to fully support the video from my camera unless I convert it using something else first :(

How odd. I've never had Premiere Pro refuse any video format. What is it?

How odd. I've never had Premiere Pro refuse any video format. What is it?

it was actually the audio it couldn't do anything with.

That said.. it seems that the new version of Premiere Pro I installed does read both the video and audio, so I guess I'm ok there. Now I just need to re-learn how to use it (using cs4.. don't have 64bit)

Right, er, here's a video I have been making to send to Ice as a sample for FGTV but since I'm not 100% happy with it I'll post it here instead. It's one of the few videos I'm not too embarrassed with.

that was cool..

there was a gate at the end? It looked like you were driving through someone's yard at that point..

Yes there are gates at both ends and you basically are driving through someone's field, they just have to allow people to come through. Those gates will be closed at the end of the month until May next year.