The Gun thread

s_640x_480_3-tm-tfb.jpg

BREAK YO'SELF, FOO.

s_640x_480-tfb1.jpg

Safety first!
2011-03-23%2015.26.03_edit0.jpg

Orrrr... you could get more firepower in a more managable package by just getting a Calico M950 and sticking a red dot on it.

calh.gif

Instead of 60 rounds and forever to reload, how about 100 rounds and a pretty fast reload?

Bad 80s/90s promo video:

Last edited:
Also, I shot a Ruger Vaquero .44 Magnum one handed, like a boss, alas, no pictures.

Single action awesomeness:
264652a44f66f8f6263add3a205675e5.jpg

It also shoots about a foot long flame :D

I'm wondering if you fired six shots or only five. :hmm:

Remember, do not try this at home, unless you are a professional russian.

I also need his shirt.

He needs to improve his trigger discipline. Other than that, his videos are very amusing.

Ok gun thread participants..... I have a few questions.

I've been shooting with my dad quite a few times and I've had my firearms licence for a while now, but since my dad isn't around much I don't really have much access to a firearm. This displeases me.

I'm thinking about getting a few so I can go out shooting. I was looking at a Remmington Pump Shotgun as one option, just a basic firearm that I can shoot targets or go hunting with. There is a shop wanting ~$300 for the gun with a rifled and smooth bore barrel. Is this a decent deal? I've never bought a gun before and have no idea what pricing on them should be.

Also, I'd like to get a handgun, preferably a revolver (just for that cool factor, and and in Canada you can't hunt with handguns, so there is no point in getting something that can hold more than 6 rounds) The issue here is just about all handguns start around $800 at the local firearms shops. Is this normal? Or would I save significant money buying from the states and importing?

Remember I'm a poor student, I don't have a lot of cash, so what are some of the better deals out there?

Don't spend $800 on a handgun. I would recommend a .357 magnum pistol. The reason being is that they can take cheaper, nicer to shoot .38 special for 'plinking' but .357 magnum for serious business. Very, very good round. Perhaps check out Rossi pistols.

There are import restrictions and (IIRC) high tariffs on weapons imported from the US in Canada - and they have a weirdly distorted market due to their restrictions.

That said, check out the Taurus line of revolvers. They start around $300 or less down here, like the Rossis.

The Remington shotgun price could be decent or it could be high, it depends on what model it is. Find out and get back to us.

I'll find out about the shotgun.

Thanks for the pistol advice guys!

EDIT: It's a Remington 870.

I can't seem to find anything on the local stores websites about the two manufacturers you guys mentioned. I'll have to do some phoning around perhaps.

Last edited:
From what I've heard from other Canadians, the local shops up there prefer to import Chinese arms, which they can get really, really cheap and they generally ignore well priced high value arms like the Rossi, Bersa or Taurus lines.

That's a decent price on the 870 (by US standards) if it comes with a rifled slug barrel and a separate smoothbore one.

Yesterday I was having a conversation with a friend back in the Bay Area about Gun Free Zones - specifically I was trying to explain how they don't work.

Last night two people were shot in the San Jose State parking garage by a gunman who later shot himself. My friend goes to school there, but fortunately was not one of the victims.

Fuck, I hate being right sometimes.

Something cool:

Something stupid

Is that a clip from top shot?