What is the point of a 2 door SUV?

And if you were doing that, it wouldn't matter where in the car it was because an equally unsecured pizza in the trunk would be just as messed up. :p

Also, for the only way to verify my statement, I'll soon make an experiment with a pizza box and a pizza stunt double inside. Will I get a bunch of free pizzas if my Czech brakes can make it slip off the passenger seat?

is Czech pizza any good anyways?

If I stood on the brakes going highway speed I might lose my pizza but if that circumstance arose it would be me braking to protect myself and all car of pizza would go away.

Storing it in the trunk would let you keep car, yourself and the pizza intact.

And if you were doing that, it wouldn't matter where in the car it was because an equally unsecured pizza in the trunk would be just as messed up. :p

It would slide around, yes. It would not topple over.

is Czech pizza any good anyways?

Idunno, never had any. Would be cheap though.

IAnd you shall be required to film the whole thing. But yes, if you don't rig it, and I cannot disprove it under similar circumstances, I will pay for a pizza. Defining that as $20 USD, which is about what my last large pie cost with tip.

Obviously filmed since nobody believes in my experience without proof, apparently.
A large pizza (that's two meals) is 10.9? excluding tip, or $15. Delivery guys actually get paid over here, so there is less obligation to tip a lot, would always remain under $20. A regularly-sized pizza for a single meal is 5.9? or $8. Both from my favorite pizza place.

Edit: However, I should point out that lots of people are saying that you are wrong.

A lot of people are saying Man was created 6000 years ago by a divine creature snapping its fingers. That does not make it true.

Last edited:
Why would I put my pizza in the trunk, in my non heated trunk? I can put my seat heater on and have the heat on in the winter so it stays warm and it's right next to me so I can grab it getting out. If I put it in the trunk it'll just get cold and that an extra step of me getting my food.

None of my Euro or American cars do. Nothing that could be used with the stock setup on a pizza bag, anyway. The E46 that was recently in the Volcano didn't have any either.
That's weird my car came with a stock tie down and it's the kind that would work for a pizza.

I need to test that next time I get pizza. I usually go with my g/f to get it so she holds it :)

Last edited:
Getting off the subject of pizza for the moment, I find it hard to see the point of a regular cab pickup truck. I much prefer the extended cab version because the added space behind the seat comes in handy for shopping or occasional passengers on short trips. The only use I can see for regular cab trucks is for fleet purchases and to advertise "F-150s starting from $22,499!"
And damn you, Dodge, for forcing buyers to choose between regular cab and 4 door crew cab layouts only in your full-size trucks.

Sturdier, idunno.

Cheaper? :no: The currently cheapest Chevy pickup starts from 17k, to deliver pizzas a 12k Aveo would suffice. That's not cheaper, that's about 50% more expensive.

Less gas? :no: The pickup mentioned above does 18mpg city, the aveo does 27mpg city. That's not exactly "about equivalent" by any standard, that's 50% more mpg.

The scooter is a decent idea, some deliveries around here use them. Also solves the parking issue, just stop right in front of the house/shop. Those who use cars use VW Foxes, Hyundai i10s, etc. - more than enough car.

Scooters work great here, except for that pesky thing called winter.

As for the price of trucks, even a consumer-spec Ford Ranger was the cheapest thing on the Ford lot for years - and a fleet-spec model was even lower than that. Then you have the discounts from buying multiple vehicles and you still end up with something that less than or equal too a craptastic hatchback, that holds more stuff, and is cheaper and easier to fix.

The only take-out I've had threaten to budge from the seat was take-out in tall, narrow boxes. Even then, some of those could fit in the stupidly large cupholders that came in the Failtima. Most boxes are long and flat for good reason.

So, asking out of curiosity, are you going to allow your intellect and brainpower to overcome a completely mistaken impression, or are you going to ignore facts in order to hold tightly to a misplaced negative opinion? 2WD trucks have been the mainstay of fleets and campers and contractors, and the like that have no need for fuel robbing 4 wheel drive, but still need/want to use a truck.
Haysoos, calm down. I see the point now. It's not like every post on the internets is set in stone.

I'll (personally) never be a fan of driving something huge, though. 'Tis not my thing--but I see the point if you're hauling crap from point A to point B with just road in between.

Last edited:
Wow, what have I done? Anyone remember the truck from Toy Story, wasn't that a pizza truck?

Edit: Yes it was.

pizzaplanetruck.jpg

Last edited:
Scooters work great here, except for that pesky thing called winter.
Doesn't seem to be a problem here, they still ride in this weather (it was 6F earlier its 10 right now)

That's exactly what the post bringing up the pizza pickup said.

No, it didn't say that AT ALL. I posted a picture of a typical small business that uses a fleet of small 2WD trucks, because 4WD is a waste of fuel. There's nothing in that picture that even says they deliver pizas in them. They could deliver bulk items, like sauce, etc. It was simply the first picture of fleet of trucks that I got off google. Maybe I shoudl have posted this one and all of this crap could have been avoided...:lol:

Anderson%20Indiana%20-%20099.jpg

Auto parts stores use them a lot, as do auto dealerships for delivering bulk parts. Electricians and contractors use them a lot, as well, as do junk haulers and more.

Way to take a simple example picture and run it into the ground with silly assumptions. :rolleyes:

2WD trucks have a HUGE number of uses, and have since they were first brought to market in the '20s. I've had qute a few (in fact, in the last 30 years of owning cars and trucks, I've only now purhcased a 4x4 pickup, and that's only becaeu the price was right on it, a 3500 series turbodiesel extended cab dually for $2800 to tow a larger travel trailer. But I've also got a traditional SWB 2WD hot rod truck that does basic truck duties).

More 2WD work trucks:

truck.jpg

spankys-shop-trk-3__1__detail.JPG

Shop_Truck_1_Datsun_flatbed.jpg

0808clt_02_z+classic_industries_1953_chevy_truck+brown_vintage_paint_job.jpg

frank-kleczka-big.jpg

4421950.JPG

0124j8f_27.jpeg

7248jkh_27.jpeg

The fact is, light trucks do not need to be 4x4 to be extremely useful doing truck duties, from cone carrying scouts for the local water department, to delivery vehciles for welding supply companies (where it's easy to load/unload welding gas bottles vertically in the beds), to auto parts companies, to hardware store deliveries, to, well, thousands of various uses. Mini trucks, half ton trucks and more do just fine in 2WD mode. 2WD heavy duty trucks have been used as the basis for ambulances and more, as well.

And for most homeowner duties, a 2WD truck works fine, as well. carrying lumber and supplies home from home depot doesn't need 4WD, nor does carrying loads of mulch or gravel in the bed. Using a camper or towing a trailer doesn't need 4WD, though it can be nice.

Getting off the subject of pizza for the moment, I find it hard to see the point of a regular cab pickup truck. I much prefer the extended cab version because the added space behind the seat comes in handy for shopping or occasional passengers on short trips. The only use I can see for regular cab trucks is for fleet purchases and to advertise "F-150s starting from $22,499!"
And damn you, Dodge, for forcing buyers to choose between regular cab and 4 door crew cab layouts only in your full-size trucks.

Most of the time, you only have yourself ad MAYBE one other person in the vehicle. I got an extended cab full size this time around to be able to carry the dogs with us when we go camping, but for 90% of the duties a truck has, the extra space inside isn't necessary. None of my mini trucks have been extended cabs (with the exception of one '77 Datsun King Cab), and only the recently bought 3500 series duallyhas been the only full size truck I've got that wasn't a single cab. Single cabs have been more than enough for all my work needs. And hot rod trucks are just fine as single cabs (especially single cab shortbeds and single cab stepsides. And of course, my favorite, single cab roadster pickups).

Haysoos, calm down. I see the point now. It's not like every post on the internets is set in stone.

I'll (personally) never be a fan of driving something huge, though. 'Tis not my thing--but I see the point if you're hauling crap from point A to point B with just road in between.

And thus does one person on the entire internet change their mind to fit facts. Bravo. :mrgreen: Seriously, most people will stubbornly cling to opinion no matter how much the facts are pointed out.

as far as driving somthing huge" there are almost NO private cars or light trucks as large as delivery vehicles, semis, or full size RVs (I'm not going to count those converted pickups out of 4500 sereis or larger work trucks). Once you've driven stuff like that regularly, your definition if "huge" changes, as well. My daily driver is a 4200 lb 740iL, and it doesn't feel "huge" to me. And I'm someone who LIKES small cars (I have an MGB and I used to have an MG Midget, as well as many other old traditional sports cars, and classic FWD sport coupes, like my old CRX Si). Don't make the mistake of thinking that your current preferences are in any way important to the needs or desires of others, or even applicable. I'd have no problem buying a new Fiat 500 right now, nor would I have any problem driving my 3500 series diesel dually to the office. Both are tiny compared to the 35-40 ft motorhomes I've driven across country.

I understand and support your right to like and drive whatever you want, for your own reasons. I'd like it if more of you did the same for others, or at least make the attempt to understand, whether you'd drive what they do or not. :)

I usually put the salad underneath the pizza on the front seat and strap it in with the seatbelt. Without salad the thing lists too much and the sauce might end up in my seat, which is unwanted. The seatbelt is to make sure it doesnt slide around. I don't know how you drive but I can tell you that when I drive shit slides around. I used to be a delivery guy after all, if shit doesnt slide around, you're not driving fast enough. You could secure shit with the loopy things but that's not manly, and it'll get in the way of your speedy delivery.

Let's have the euro version of the above workvehicles for good measure. This too has two doors because it doesnt need any more, and you can fit huge pizzas inside without them getting wet. They will however slide around like a oiled up hungarian prostitute, unless you secure them, which we have already ruled out as unmanly. I don't think they will tip over, just slide around. Prostitute might tip over though, for any number of reasons, but we do not want to go any deeper than we need to into that.

OCTUL.jpg

OIchZ.jpg

As for two door SUV's, I have no idea. I question the point of a SUV at all. To me it's a worktruck stripped of work, and filled with short women who can't drive but think they do because getting into the SUV makes them feel taller.

Last edited:
I usually put the salad underneath the pizza on the front seat and strap it in with the seatbelt. Without salad the thing lists too much and the sauce might end up in my seat, which is unwanted. The seatbelt is to make sure it doesnt slide around. I don't know how you drive but I can tell you that when I drive shit slides around.

lol-cats_i-love-this-thread-so-much.jpg

As for two door SUV's, I have no idea. I question the point of a SUV at all. To me it's a worktruck stripped of work, and filled with short women who can't drive but think they do because getting into the SUV makes them feel taller.

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2011/01/24/19565_915227684233_1240976_50442018_6266118_n.jpg

A word, if you please.

This is with my old Cherokee Sport. We did this entire trail in mid-summer and these are the signs we saw on our way out. Apparently that bone-stock SUV did the impossible.

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2011/01/24/img0198iq.jpg

I'd post up more, but they all feature my family.

I have also used the Land Cruiser, Jeep and XTerra for everything from making runs to the dump, to hauling motorcycles, to hauling moving trailers halfway across the country.

Last edited:
A word, if you please.
This is with my old Cherokee Sport. We did this entire trail in mid-summer and these are the signs we saw on our way out. Apparently that bone-stock SUV did the impossible.

No, it did the IMPASSABLE! :mrgreen:

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2011/01/24/19565_915227684233_1240976_50442018_6266118_n.jpg

A word, if you please.

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2011/01/24/img0198iq.jpg

I'd post up more, but they all feature my family.

I have also used the Land Cruiser, Jeep and XTerra for everything from making runs to the dump, to hauling motorcycles, to hauling moving trailers halfway across the country.

Your car/SUV/truck is too utilitarian, heck you could probably use it to move stuff that was dirty. Get rid of that utilitarianism, slap some chrome or alcantara in there and you've got yourself my definition of a SUV (BMW X5, Q7, Dodge Nitro etc). Also you're not a soccer mom :p

Last edited:
Actually the Cherokee Sport (XJ) was the vehicle that first carried the title "SUV" - Jeep invented the term "Sport Utility Vehicle" just for that car. Every other luxury wagon is just that, a luxury wagon on tall tires.