What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

im a single dude living alone. i dont own a steamer, let alone an iron. :p

Hang it up in the bathroom while you take a hot shower. It'll steam the creases out.

Correction...it'll sorta help, if you look closely. I do it every day. :p

Ordered myself The Murder Of Roger Ackroyd, by Agatha Christie. All films based on her books been brilliant, but for some reason I never read any of her books, but that's about to change. If you search for people's opinions on which one is her best, "The Murder Of Roger Ackroyd" keeps popping up, so I suppose that it's a good one to start with. Also Ordered "Perfume" by Patrick S?skind for me mum for Christmas.

the-murder-of-roger-ackroyd-christie-agatha-9780062073563.jpg

i have a shitload of audiobooks / radio plays of her stuff lying around and i don't get around to listening to them...

i have a shitload of audiobooks / radio plays of her stuff lying around and i don't get around to listening to them...
That's a shame, but I must say: audiobooks never really worked for me. I love the idea of listening to books while I do other things; getting a bit of multi-tasking going, but they end up becoming background noise, thus my retention always ended up being quite poor. Having said that: I just downloaded some Edgar Allan Poe stories, read by Christopher Lee, which is indeed fabulous - I shall allocate some time for that.

well, that's alan friggin lee, that is :D those are bound to be great.
i usually listen to audiobooks while trying to fall asleep, which works really well... only problem is, the next night, i waste 10 minutes trying to find the place i drifted off to sleep at. however recently i've mostly made the switch to podcasts which are much more forgiving when missing parts of them.

well, that's alan friggin lee, that is :D.

Nope. If anything, it's a Christopher friggin Lee ;)

Alan Lee is a Tolkien illustrator, who worked as a conceptional designer on the Lord of the Rings movies :)

I went to Ikea and walked out with a book.

aD3Nryo.jpg

Not a bookbook?

They've already sent me the bookbook, but living 10 mins away, its easier for me to just wander the showroom than flip pages.

Nope. If anything, it's a Christopher friggin Lee ;)

Alan Lee is a Tolkien illustrator, who worked as a conceptional designer on the Lord of the Rings movies :)

well, at least i was sort of in the right direction :D i was slightly worried how i could screw that up so badly, but... yeah, not so bad anymore.

An olympic barbell, 2 10Kg rubberised plates, 2 2.5KG plates and floormats so i dont ruin my apartment flooring

Just pre-ordered...

81mO8XTYHOL._SL1500_.jpg

The main question is: Will it be any good? Doesn't matter. It's Pink Floyd. That means it will at least be better than 90 % of the stuff that's being made today...

Just pre-ordered...

* snip pic *

The main question is: Will it be any good? Doesn't matter. It's Pink Floyd. That means it will at least be better than 90 % of the stuff that's being made today...

Dave Gilmore was on this last night, trailing the album:

Later .. with Jools Holland - Episode 8 Series 45 Live - BBC TV

BBC TV said:
Joining Jools in the studio we have English singer-songwriter Bryan Ferry performing tracks from his upcoming fourteenth solo album, Avonmore. English rock musician Paul Rodgers, famed frontman of Free and Bad Company, plays numbers from The Royal Sessions, his recent Memphis soul album which was recorded at Willie Mitchell's revered Royal Studios.

From Philadelphia, we welcome to the studio indie rock outfit The War on Drugs with tracks from their third album, Lost in a Dream. From south London, the infectious afrobeat sounds of Fuse ODG performs a couple of numbers from his upcoming debut album, T.I.N.A. Swedish newcomer Seinabo Sey, debuts her unique soulful electro pop to the Later studio and also making her debut is hotly-tipped Bath singer-songwriter Laura Doggett.

Plus Jools chats to Pink Floyd's David Gilmour about the inspiration behind their much anticipated forthcoming and final album, The Endless River.

The full recorded show of 60 minutes is on this Friday. Dunno if or when you get it in Germany, as there may be the usual problems about music copyright, etc.

:smile:

My first made-to-measure shirt arrived today!

They threw in some useless swag as well: