Ownership Verified: My Italian soft-top, rarer than a 599 GTO.

I'm perusing Ebay:

$(KGrHqVHJ!8E63SLiGFDBO4dBlKI8w~~60_12.JPG

?275 in Leeds, my car is already slow and after adding my heavy doors and adding these seats. I will struggle to hit 30MPH. :p

Oh and not standard. ;)

Also Studded tyres

I think the Panda will do well in the snow without them, but they would be kinda cool...

I can't afford to buy anything anyway. :(

Were those seats actually optional on the Panda or is it a straight bolt-on from some bigger fiat?

The guy on the Fiat Forum with 11 Pandai, uses 156 seats bolted to the Panda floor.
He now uses 147 seats, bolted to the Panda subframe, so they're reversible.

The pics above are a Alfa GT. :cool:

Nothing new to report, except my drivers door is disintegrating. It looks like a factory line at the BL plant.
The engine/gearbox is making a whining/bearing noise.

As soon as the Selecta is sold (Which isn't easy, because thats started playing up.) then it's operation 'Why are you spending this much money on a Panda?' time.

My drivers door lock, doesn't want to lock. I have to force it. (The winter Pandaring of random water and deicer probably caused it.) I'll get some silicone spray from Screw Fix tomorrow. It's the cheapest place to buy it.

And my doors are starting to disintegrate at the bottom. Which thankfully is no cause for concern. :mrgreen:

Aston Martin said:
My drivers door lock, doesn't want to lock. I have to force it. (The winter Pandaring of random water and deicer probably caused it.) I'll get some silicone spray from Screw Fix tomorrow. It's the cheapest place to buy it.

And my doors are starting to disintegrate at the bottom. Which thankfully is no cause for concern.
Stop posting about my car. :p

I once pulled into the garage to find I'd leant on the button to lock the door and it was now stuck. A combo of pulling it while leaning out the window and turning the key in the lock got it open. :lol:

I once had the unlock mechanism inside the door fail on my while in the car. Had to get out the passenger door and figure out a way to get the door card off while the door's closed...

The silicone in the lock fixed it.
It looks like it's been driven through Helmand province. It's in a bad state.

Price breakdown:

Car ?400
Stoplock ?29.99
Sump plug key ?5.50
Service bits ?38.87
Headlight bulbs ?6.45
Handbook ?4.50
Locking fuel cap ?10.29
Aerial ?12.94
Car mats ?5.47
Stereo ?37.90
Speakers ?24.99
Key cut ?10
Boot lock and roof bracket ?39.54
Speaker pods, ashtray and horn spring ?22.
Week in the garage/tracking/bearing. ?120.
Doors ?218.58
Spring cups ?65
MOT and repairs ?450

Total so far ?1502 and 2p.

I've done 2000 miles in 8 months.

Last edited:

:blink:

I paid 79,95? for my T?V in 2011...

Did you factor in some other costs which were really repairs and not the inspection itself?

Also, I gotta post my excel sheet with pretty much everything I spent on my 230 sometimes... maybe for the 2nd anniversary :)

Last edited:
You guys are much braver than I am. I keep every single bill related to the Kadett, but I never dared to add them up. I guess I am around 10k ? by now.

You guys are much braver than I am. I keep every single bill related to the Kadett, but I never dared to add them up. I guess I am around 10k ? by now.

and worth every cent.

So the silicone locks and seals are working. The iced up bonnet vent, blocking my heater not so much.

Price breakdown:

Car ?400
Stoplock ?29.99
Sump plug key ?5.50
Service bits ?38.87
Headlight bulbs ?6.45
Handbook ?4.50
Locking fuel cap ?10.29
Aerial ?12.94
Car mats ?5.47
Stereo ?37.90
Speakers ?24.99
Key cut ?10
Boot lock and roof bracket ?39.54
Speaker pods, ashtray and horn spring ?22.
Week in the garage/tracking/bearing. ?120.
Doors ?218.58
Spring cups ?65
MOT and repairs ?450

Total so far ?1502 and 2p.

I've done 2000 miles in 8 months.

And you've proven the iron clad rule of used car budgeting yet again: Always set aside at least half your budget for repairs.
Corollary: If car is Italian, set aside at least two times the price of the car for repairs.

So, basically, if you want to buy a Panda and have the Panda experience:
1. Take all your money.
2. Pile it in your fireplace.
3. Set it on fire.

As the end result is the same and you won't have to drive the Panda. :p :evil: :mrgreen:

As the end result is the same and you won't have to drive the Panda. :p :evil: :mrgreen:

I had to today, this is how he thanked me.

http://imageshack.**/a/img32/9674/imag0018ip.jpg
http://imageshack.**/a/img708/484/imag0019qb.jpg

(Spectre, theres still ?1000 of body/paintwork and a new roof to come yet :p )