Essex police get Prodrive Imprezas

Solberg

Car(s)
Porsche 997 Carrera S & 2012 Ford Raptor!!
Prodrive has prepared a fleet of Subaru Impreza GB270s especially for the Automatic Number Plate Recognition Team at the Essex Police department.

Not only did Prodrive set up the vehicle for the team, commonly known as "The Intereptors", but the 21 officers that make up their ranks received a day of special instruction on how to get the most out of their new 270hp all-wheel-drive speed machines.

http://img76.imageshack.**/img76/8994/123us4.jpg

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/01/prodrive-sets-up-essex-police-with-270hp-impreza-interceptors/

lol. Cops must have watched TG before deciding whether to get a Scooby or an EVO :lol:

Subaru clearance sale. Gotta love the cheapness of the UK police ain't ya.

Or maybe they just wanted the last good looking ones before the hatchback arrived :p

I hope those are Health and Safety approved.

The old ones will be more than fast enough with a few tweaks here and there.

Now, they should get some Evo X police cars.

What kind of chase rules do they have in Britain?

Yeah, no guns, no spikes (that I know of), etc. They basically have to follow them and try and do a rolling roadblock.

Well the other problem is that the runner will likely bounce himself off of the car in front, the one behind and the one at the side..... maybe both sides. Let's face any runner worth his salt is not going down easily.

Instead of taking the front end off of one Scooby or one Volvo now they have to replace doors, wings, bumpers etc. on three or four cars. Pretty stupid me thinks.

Love that. They get ONE DAY of special instruction. So safe.

/\ Honestly tell me that you would prefer them to have the new Imprezas :p

There was a random show on about this lot yesterday ('Police Interceptors', ITV4)

Seems they also have a number of Evo 8's to provide a bit of variety.

Yeah, no guns, no spikes (that I know of), etc. They basically have to follow them and try and do a rolling roadblock.

We have Stingers. In fact that is just about the only weapon they have. To be perfectly honest, 90% of the time there is no need to ram people off the road anyway. Clear the road and just follow them and wait until they crash/bail.

Last edited:
To be perfectly honest, 90% of the time there is no need to ram people off the road anyway. Clear the road and just follow them and wait until they crash/bail.

Emphasis on "crash" there and what or more importantly who do you think they're gonna crash into? PIT is by far the safest thing to do if done properly.