Random Thoughts....

We used to have an Air Training Corps at school - the chaps in it seemed to have a great deal of fun so good choice actually. A few went on to join the RAF, one I know of is a pilot for Cathay Pacific.

My school has decided that there is to be a "compulsory leadership and personal development program", we have a choice of the tri-service cadets, scouts or community service.

My question to those of you who have been involved in one of the cadets is that if there is any of the stereotypical harsh military discipline techniques or is basically just like scouts except more adventurous.

If it's any help, I'm planning on going for the Air Cadets.

My school had one of those, people just fucked around and had a good time with their mates.

I just finished watching Two Lane Blacktop and I have 2 thoughts:

1. That is one weird ass movie
2. I want a tilt nose 55 with radius'd rear wheel wells and a tunnel ram really badly.

My school has decided that there is to be a "compulsory leadership and personal development program", we have a choice of the tri-service cadets, scouts or community service.

My question to those of you who have been involved in one of the cadets is that if there is any of the stereotypical harsh military discipline techniques or is basically just like scouts except more adventurous.

I'd go for Army Cadets, but I'm seriously biased on that one. There is of course the military aspect to it, drill, rank, dress and behavioural codes and going away on Bivouacs and longer camps, camping in all sorts of weather and freezing your arse off. There is then the option of advancing within the ranks via promotion courses, they're a blast and a great challenge.

I was an Army Cadet for 5 years, making my way up the ranks to CUO and in charge of 30 other kids. It's such a worthwhile experience and I'll never forget any of it, good or bad.

Do it mate!

They did when I was in Ontario about 8 or so years ago. If I remember right they even had it at a few restaurants south of the border. But I can't help but feel like I didn't get the full experience with my cheap Burger King version of it.
Ewwwww, commercial fast-food chain "poo-tine"? No wonder you had a bad experience.

Umm... shawarma isn't Iranian though. :blink:
Sorry, Middle Eastern. :)

I have probably about that much as well. I take a handful at a time to my car and use it when I stop for little things, there's no point keeping them.

I really wish we could do away with pennies at least. Are they necessary for keeping the economy running somehow? Because they're rather annoying.
I hate using coins at any time, why would anyone want to carry change in their pockets when we have the interac debit card system?

The only thing coins are good for is laundromats, vending machines and hot dog street stands.

I'ma bout to watch Wanted... anyone seen it yet? I heard it's real awesome, in a sort of unrealistic xXx kind of way.

I'ma bout to watch Wanted... anyone seen it yet? I heard it's real awesome, in a sort of unrealistic xXx kind of way.

I thought it was awful, but if you're into bullet time and headshots you may like it.

[YOUTUBE]Wo1gNtWs_So[/YOUTUBE]

cooler than the original or lame?

It's not worth opening a thread...

I have a crappy portable ipod speaker thing, it takes either a 9v square battery or a charger... i have one of those universal chargers, but which polarity to use?

http://img89.imageshack.**/img89/6327/800pxacadaptorpolarityoj3.png

Flip a coin. If it starts smoking then you chose poorly.

I was a member of one of our versions of military cadets, the Civil Air Patrol, for about five years and I really loved it. We got to do a lot of cool things and it was a lot of fun. Some squadrons were more strict military-like than others but even the more extreme ones weren't too over-the-top. I miss those days.

In other random thoughts you don't realize how much you rely on electricity until it's gone. Nothing works without it. No stove, oven, traffic lights, gas stations, internet. It was surreal looking outside last night and seeing no lights on. I was really bummed that it was cloudy because it would have been an amazing night for stargazing with no lights around.

Yesterday, I took a trip into San Francisco with some friends, with the plan being we'd get there individually and meet at one of the BART stations (public transport) in the city.

One of the friends was a small Asian woman.

We were at that BART station for a while.

Yesterday, I took a trip into San Francisco with some friends, with the plan being we'd get there individually and meet at one of the BART stations (public transport) in the city.

One of the friends was a small Asian woman.

We were at that BART station for a while.

She probably got in 3 fender benders and got towed for illegal parking twice in her Civic on her way back from working at the dry cleaners'/nail salon/massage parlor. ;)

I'm just gonna pretend I didn't see my roommate's bare ass when I walked in the door a few minutes ago.

She probably got in 3 fender benders and got towed for illegal parking twice in her Civic on her way back from working at the dry cleaners'/nail salon/massage parlor. ;)

Nono, we all took BART to get into the city. It was more of a "needle in a haystack...made of needles" sorta thing.

Nono, we all took BART to get into the city. It was more of a "needle in a haystack...made of needles" sorta thing.

Ahh, word. What are you doing in CA, anyway? Besides being racist? :p (I may have missed a thread somewhere that announced your travel plans.)