Need acne treatment

toma_alimosh

Also known as "Myke Hunt"
Car(s)
2014 Volkswagen Jetta
Ok guys, so here's my story: almost 21 years of age and still having acne breakouts. Despite everyone else I know whose acne stopped appearing after they left puberty, mine just keeps popping up and doesn't seem to cease.

Thus, I need to get myself an acne treatment that works.

Mind you, I said "THAT WORKS". That's because I've tried many things and the only thing they did is dry my skin and leave lasting bumps in it, while the acne just cured itself.

I need something that TREATS acne, not something that just pretends to help.

Up until now I've tried the cleansing pads, clearasil and oxy .... worst ever buying decision I've ever made. Then I tried the clearasil cream ... that just dried my skin and made it itchy ... at the same time it made the acne's color change to that of skin color, but the acne was still there by feel. The bumps were still visible and the acne just cured itself.

So what acne treatments have people here used which they know that it actually works and was the main cause of the acne going away. I need something that not only treats it, but if you know, something that prevents it too. I need to get the acne off my face once and for all. It's been making me look like shit for years and I can't stand it anymore.

I was pretty much in the same boat as you. While all teenagers get zits, mine really persisted and seemed a lot worse than the average case.

I tried everything, and most of them had absolutely no positive effects. I finally resorted to Accutane. It's very harsh on your system... you need to have your blood monitored by doing monthly bloodwork while you're on the drug, and it will dry out your skin and make it pretty unsightly at times, but you can cure the latter to an extent by moisturizing.

It's pretty expensive as well, but on the plus side it works like no other acne medication and the results are lasting. I took it about 6 years ago, and from then to this day I only get the occasional monthly zit or two.

I just hope you don't have any scarring from your acne... that's one thing even Accutane can't help. :cry:

PS: I assume you've tried other acne medications before - Oxy pads aren't proper medication. Your doctor will probably prescribe Accutane as a last resort, and will probably offer you antibiotics or benzoyl peroxide first. You'll have to see what he/she says, but for serious acne you're just wasting your time. They just don't want to prescribe Accutane because as I mentioned before it's not like taking aspirin.

Last edited:
I still have that same problem even at 22. :glare: The only thing I've found that works is 10% benzoyl peroxide cream. The pads just burn and dry out my skin and cleansing cream just makes my face smell like cleansing cream.

^ I hate benzoyl peroxide because it makes everything it touches bleached white. I guess if it helps, but it sucks when all your shit gets white spots.

I had acne problems as a teenager. Then I started shaving and, while I have no proof whatsoever, I think aftershave is the best solution against it. Buy some aftershave that has glycerin in it. :p

^ I hate benzoyl peroxide because it makes everything it touches bleached white. I guess if it helps, but it sucks when all your shit gets white spots.

If you get a good quality 2,5% (Same effect as 10% But less abusive) And let it soak in before rubbing black cloth on your face it won't be a problem. (The one in the Regimen is fantastic)

I had a bit of acne which would blow up at random, i started on the Regimen but bought another BP Cream and it destroyed my skin, but when i switched to the one Dan sells and did EXACTLY what your supposed to it faded slowly, now i don't have any other than an occasional spot the goes away fast.

I'm 24 and my shoulders are covered in them. My face breaks out from time to time.

Although I think it's partially since I wear my shirts for like a week or two before washing them (I don't really sweat). :?

I'm sure you coul have hours of fun with a ball bearing gun and a mirror as far as zits are concerned. Especially big juicy yellow ones.

See if you can 'do 3 feet on to the bathroom mirror' as Carrot would say. :D

I used Roaccutane, my face is baby-butt smooth now. It is expensive, but it does work. Consult a doctor!

Personal Hygiene. You have none.
Pfft, I shower daily, use deodorant, etc.. I do need to change my shirts more often though, you're right.

I have boob zits :cry:

at least I wash my clothes if I wear them more than an hour :p

I had acne problems as a teenager. Then I started shaving and, while I have no proof whatsoever, I think aftershave is the best solution against it. Buy some aftershave that has glycerin in it. :p

I'm 27 and if I skip shaving I still can have breakouts. As long as I shave every day I'm fine. I do wonder about those two kits from Neutrogena and Proactiv.

I'm 24 and my shoulders are covered in them. My face breaks out from time to time.

Although I think it's partially since I wear my shirts for like a week or two before washing them (I don't really sweat).
You really are earning your title, aren't you? :lol: