[12x01] November 2nd, 2008

[12x01] November 2nd, 2008

• Total voters
OT for a second. Sm?rg?sbord, I'm slightly worried that your avatar looks a little too much like Mikey Jackson. No offence intended if that's a picture of you. :)

OT for a second. Sm?rg?sbord, I'm slightly worried that your avatar looks a little too much like Mikey Jackson. No offence intended if that's a picture of you. :)

LOL what? Do you mean Michael Jackson, because he doesn't look THAT much like a woman. I think it's something to do with the fact that the nose didn't come out very well, possibly.

In an attempt to make this post on topic: I was worried for Oliver too.

Am I the only one thinking: "WTF was that"
1 car review, just one car reviewed in a whole hour-long episode. (the GT2 doesn't count, showing a car for a minute and declaring it a dog isn't a review).

Then when that pesky car business was over and done with the head straight into a massive film about TRUCKS!?!? I'm sure it's all good fun playing around with trucks, but did they have to dedicate the whole eposide to it?

Starting to loose interest in these ever more far-fetched used vehicle challanges.

As Ryan said if you want a show full of car reviews Fifth Gear is a better bet.

I thoroughly enjoyed what I saw of it although Sky+ missed the end so I haven't yet caught the scoring from the HGV challenge. All in all a solid start to what I sincerely hope will be a vast improvement over the travesty that was series 11. Can't wait for next week. A confident 8/10 from me.

PS Given his handling of the God of all Chat Shows tonight the BBC should weplace Wossy with Jewemy on Fwiday evenings.

I love it - in fact I wished I was watching it on my computer so I could skip the car review - my least favourite part of the show to be honest.

It isn't a CAR show it is an entertainment show about cars, driving, automobiles and being a big middle aged kid - or at least watching three of them having a laugh.

Brilliant first episode - didn't stop laughing - and in fact even the review was bearable this time.

5/5 for me

This is all completely true, but where were the cars then? I've got no problem with them having a bit with then "cocking about" in trucks, but they only allowed 10 minutes of runtime to cars.

I'm really not convinced that was James' piano (unless they cut all the bits of him being quite angry). Any information anybody?

I don't think it was. They filmed at his house for both TopToys programmes and I seem to remember that his piano is black. (I also realise I need a life. :()

Reactions: MWF
(I also realise I need a life. :()

Welcome to Finalgear. We now welcome your becoming a citizen. Please pick up your ticket to Hell from the foyer (redeemable at any given time), and make your way straight to the exit. Thank you and please enjoy your stay somewhere else. :)

jk.:lol:

I don't think it was. They filmed at his house for both TopToys programmes and I seem to remember that his piano is black. (I also realise I need a life. :()

I appreciate the knowledge. Thank you! :D

9/10 for me, good solid start.

And I want to know why they're now banned from Millbrook...

Aboslutely hilarious stuff, I don't care if it was mainly setup, because I was in stitches.

When they wheeled on Oliver, I was wincing in anticipation.

anyone know the song played during the Lambo gallardo scene? the rock and roll song? Cheers

Hmmm, slightly lacking for me, this one. The trucks segment was just TOO scripted for me, if you see what I mean- when the car 'accidentally' fell out of the back of Hammond's truck, you could see two guys in the back of his lorry, FFS!

9/10 for me, good solid start.

Dunno whether they actually are but it was mentioned in the series oreview in the magazine.

Aboslutely hilarious stuff, I don't care if it was mainly setup, because I was in stitches.

When they wheeled on Oliver, I was wincing in anticipation.

So was I, but when they spotted the vanity plate and said "He's such a pikey" I was too busy PMSL to wince! :lol:

They're back. Oh yes, they are back. Cheers to everyone involved with Top Gear Australia for keeping me amused in the last month, but that was the real thing. That is probably going to go down as one of my all-time favourites that I will watch again and again.

Despite this, as this is only page two, I have no doubt that the thread is yet to flood with posts from newbies who registered two days ago, have only four posts on the board (all in the "Off-Topic" section), start spraying "Worst Episode Ever!" comments without capitalisation and with punctuation all over the place, and then wonder what that red blob is that materialises under their user info. Screw them - I enjoyed it.

And, permit me to be possibly very smug on this, but in that season preview, just before the mention of "Stig's Communist Cousin", Jeremy and James were very clearly driving old Ladas.

Sounds very familiar, don't you all think?

If that clip turns out to be what I think it is, and I find out Andy Wilman's been taking note of something I've written during one of my late-night brainstorms, then I might just have to spend the rest of my life masturbating furiously at the thought.

This series is going to be fantastic, and you can call me Susan if it isn't true.* And if you don't have a red blob or six under your user info.

* 18 internet points to the first person to PM me with the reference there. I may also mention, I *think* I'm only three rep points away from being able to award 19 instead of 18... and 20 can't be far away.

Reactions: MWF

Hmm... Well, there was the running over cones on the skidpan, the littering the rumble road and bowl with debris, and the alpine circuit also being littered (with both debris and a car), and then starting a bit of a small fire, but that was nothing major.

I doubt they're actually banned, they just say they are for added comic effect.

In other news: TGAUS has got me thinking. About the SIARPC segment. It gives me the insight as to how non-UK people feel about it. I can now see the concept of not knowing the guest... But in the interest of myself, who here has heard of/knows of Sir Michael Parkinson (Non-UK people)?

This series is going to be fantastic, and you can call me Susan if it isn't true.*

Red Dwarf. Kryten, I think.

I feel shame.

OK start to the series I suppose. I enjoyed each individual part but there really needed to be at least another car review. Having said that, the trucks were funny, Gallardo review was good and Parky was a great guest.

3 out of 10, one of the most boring top gears I've ever seen.

The review was "meh" still doing that mtv quick cuts and nothing interesting happened. Just reminded me why I have been skipping Clarkson's reviews as of late. Seriously what was with the zooming of the in car shot of clarkson?

News was the highlight and that's not because it was great. It was funny but nothing that great, a forgettable news.

Lorry/truck was painful. So scripted so fake so boring. I know it's a scripted show but I hate when it's so painfully obvious. I would rather see what would really happen if they tried to drive trucks, not what they think would be funny. Clarkson didn't clip that car, hammond didn't lose teh car and not know, and clarksons truck didn't catch on fire.

SIARPC was blander than usual too.

This is a 3/10 on the To Gear scale, a 1 on atop gear scale is still better than 99% of stuff on TV.