The Top Gear lads on Xbox 360

darkshark0159

Car(s)
Mercedes-Benz C240 W203, British Rail Class 450
As some of you may know, the Xbox 360 has been completely overhauled with the "New Xbox Experience" update. This update includes customisable 3d avatars (like the Nintendo Wii), and creating celebrity avatars has become a hobby for many gamers.

To get to the point, I have created Xbox versions of our beloved Clarkson, Hammond, and May, so please, take a look and tell me what you think.

See them on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_stig/sets/72157610224249748/

Haha, this idea crossed my mind because I wanted a decent avatar that didn't look like me, but I couldn't be bothered.

James is good, the faces on the others are the wrong shape though tbh.

For those of you who are more casual Top Gear fans, the depiction of Clarkson is a younger one. I was forced to do this because of the lack of hairstyles currently available on Live. putting him as bald would be taking it too far? :lol:

I have to agree - you've nailed the James one. Hammond's could be about 12% more camp and I can see why you had a problem with Jezza.

the James one is brilliant, and Jeremy is good also (even if it is, like someone said, the early 1990s Jeremy WITH hair)

Only one I struggle to recognize is Hammond, but maybe that's something to do with available hairstyles, etc.

We did one of those same things with a friends Wii, where you can make your own avatar, and the results were freakishly close to real life. The kicker is, if you have the Wii board, it measures your weight and changes your body shape accordingly.... so you look as fat onscreen as you really are :lol:

The kicker is, if you have the Wii board, it measures your weight and changes your body shape accordingly.... so you look as fat onscreen as you really are :lol:

oooh, that's cruel - they should do that on Second Life, it might prevent a few marriage break-ups :lol:

I know! That is as short as they get =)

the James one is brilliant, and Jeremy is good also (even if it is, like someone said, the early 1990s Jeremy WITH hair)

Only one I struggle to recognize is Hammond, but maybe that's something to do with available hairstyles, etc.

We did one of those same things with a friends Wii, where you can make your own avatar, and the results were freakishly close to real life. The kicker is, if you have the Wii board, it measures your weight and changes your body shape accordingly.... so you look as fat onscreen as you really are :lol:

Early 90s was exactly what I was aiming for.
I've never used a Wii board... I'm afraid I wouldn't show up at all :p

Heh. Now Jeremy and Richard can have the remote controlled James they've always wanted. :)

Nice job! James especially looks very much like himself (stripey shirt too, nice touch :)) and the others are pretty good too.

Oh God, that James one is uncanny!

the James one you really managed to nail down.

on a side note i remember playing Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 last year with someone who had a gamer id along the lines of the Stig and had even gone to the trouble of decking his Rainbow Six character out in a white jumpsuit and helmet. made me stop in my tracks and do a double take just before he put a round through my head.