Season 13 Start Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all i have some news when top gear will be back
i get the top gear magazine monthly and in the February it has the month of the show returning which is in June but no date yet so that march rumour is officially gone
now we have to wait longer now :(

So it could be summer then? Thanks for that info, I will have to blast applause store and the other person from TG who I got the original March info off..:mad:

Will update the first post...

Uhm, is the new tg mag even out yet? :blink:

It is if you are a subscriber as it drops through the door a few days before it hits the racks in the shops. I got mine yesterday, although I haven't opened it yet. It's worth subscribing (at least if you live in the UK) as you save quite a bit compared to the cover price and get it before most people have a chance to look at it.

I do subscribe but since I live in Norway it usually takes between 7 and 14 days before I get it.

i've been running with the theory that the next season of Top Gear will come along somewhere around the same time as Season 11 of Top Gear which was in the summer (June or July time?). it'd make sense since it would give them time enough to get things moving for Season 13 and possibly a Season 14 like last year.
in theory it works but to quote Homer Simpson "i agree with you Marge and in theory it could work, in theory. but then again in theory communism works and look what happened there."

A summer run makes sense for a number of reasons, two of which come to mind immediately. One is better weather in the UK for the filming of the pre-recorded stuff, and the other is that the snooker season culminates in April with the World Championship so there is less chance of the run being interrupted by men with sticks and waistcoats (vests in the US) playing with their balls.

I'd have to agree with Mr. Nice, this sounds like the most plausible scenario.

Wishful thinking I fear.

...so there is less chance of the run being interrupted by men with sticks and waistcoats (vests in the US) playing with their balls.

:lol: Although I know what you're talking about, this bit seems so naughty.

Why is snooker on BBC2 anyway?

Isn't BBC2 for information programming?

Didn't BBC 2 air coverage of the World Cup in 2006?

Anyway, I think a summer return makes more sense, too. In the meantime, we fans will just have to "watch this space".

I might alone with that but i'm looking forward to the snooker World Championship almost as much as i'm looking forward to the next series of TG. Remember the Higgins vs. Selby final 2007? Great sportsmanship.

I was thinking, isn't red nose day in march? Will there someting like top gear of the pops or top ground gear force? I would love that, It also would mean we wouldn't have to wait until june to see something new!

I was thinking, isn't red nose day in march? Will there someting like top gear of the pops or top ground gear force? I would love that, It also would mean we wouldn't have to wait until june to see something new!

I had a similar thought earlier today but I'm in two minds about that idea. Top Gear of the Pops was quite amusing ( "Jizzy Tissue" still makes me smile) but I found the other to be one of the most cringemaking pieces of television I've ever seen. Without wanting to join the ranks of the "TG too scripted these days" brigade it felt forced and unfunny. It's the only TG related thing I have only ever watched once.

I'd much prefer it if they appeared in March or over Easter with a one hour special filmed while they were away on tour, as has been suggested in the Challenge proposal thread like crossing Australia in $AU2000 yutes or something. For me they are at their funniest when they are just being themselves together as opposed to when they try to be funny from a script, however loose that script might be.

Mineworksfine quote - I'd much prefer it if they appeared in March or over Easter with a one hour special filmed while they were away on tour, as has been suggested in the Challenge proposal thread like crossing Australia in $AU2000 yutes or something. For me they are at their funniest when they are just being themselves together as opposed to when they try to be funny from a script, however loose that script might be.[/QUOTE]

Nice idea but, since James isn't going on this part of the tour - and since they won't all 3 be together on any of the non-Brit/Irish Top Gear Live
visits - I don't see it happening.

Last edited:
I do subscribe but since I live in Norway it usually takes between 7 and 14 days before I get it.
Really?
I live in Norway, and i get the mag between 1 and 3 days after its announced on topgear.com

I live in the US and I got my copy of the latest mag (mailed from the UK via the postal service) on Friday I believe.

Haven't read it (or the one before it) yet though.

Just a note to say that the beeb still has the start date as 'Spring 2009'

Status
Not open for further replies.