Architects and engineers wanted to take part in new James programme

Oh god this is going to be epic.

Matt, maybe you should ask your collegue if he can take you with him when they are filming. :)

Matt, maybe you should ask your collegue if he can take you with him when they are filming. :)

Well I was wondering if I'd be invited, but he works in our London office so I don't actually ever see him.

Because of this connection I can give you some more detail on what it's all about. Spoiler to keep people from whining.

The task is to design and build a full size 2 storey house using only 2x4 and 2x8 blocks and no glue. The house must have standard size accommodation including a lounge, kitchen, dining room, toilet, stairs, bedroom and bathroom. All of the furniture and fitting must also be made from Lego. It's estimated that it will have 4-4.5 million bricks when completed.

My spoiler deals with the engineering problems in matt's spoiler

I'd imagine the hardest part of something like that would be the ceiling of the ground floor - making it structurally strong enough to support both the weight of people walking about and the weight of lego furniture, and so on.

Unless they put large pillars in the middle of the room or make the rooms tiny?

Also, how on earth will they make a working lego toilet? It's a nightmare waterproofing lego when all you've used are 2x4 and 2x8 bricks. I spent so long as a kid trying to make boats that would float in the bath...

Well I was wondering if I'd be invited, but he works in our London office so I don't actually ever see him.

Well, at least make sure to remind him that James would like to have a shed with his house. :D

Bump!

Plum Pictures is now looking for an experienced site manager to help James build his Lego House:

http://guildford.gumtree.com/guildford/28/41211728.html

James will now attempt to build a 2-storey house made entirely out of standard Lego bricks!

The location selected for this build will be at Denbies Wine Estate in Dorking, Surrey. We need an outgoing personality to get to grips with this ?grand design?, and to help James deliver the seemingly impossible and so are looking for a site manager to get involved with this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Any exprienced site manager on this forum? ;)