The "New Toys" Thread

I have those same Sony headphones that I use with my Xbox. I love how it has a "movie" and "music" switch on each cup that does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I wouldn't be surprised if those switches aren't actually wired to anything.

Headphones are the secret to my success in CoD4! I could hear enemies approach a lot easier compared to listening via the television.

Last edited:
9042-w2261v.jpg

22" 1920x1080. This gives me some serious screen acreage, 3600x1080.

I have those same Sony headphones that I use with my Xbox. I love how it has a "movie" and "music" switch on each cup that does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I wouldn't be surprised if those switches aren't actually wired to anything.

It's nothing electronic, they control a small flap that is open for one setting and closed for the other. That would theoretically change it from a closed can to a semi-open one, but the drivers don't do the higher registers well enough for it to make much of a difference.

LaCie-500GB-HD_large.jpg

in 500GB form, was on sale and at quite a decent price.

The easy way is to join the developer program. $99.

Yeah, that's it; I paid $99 for a bug filled beta... not. It's cool, but if you want it, go get it the other way because it is not even close to being worth $99. Even if you have the 2G touch and will unlock bluetooth, it is very crippled.

So are they finally going to add copy/paste and stereo Bluetooth?

Really, they're gonna add A2DP? So what's "crippled" about it?

The 99$ gives you much more than a bug filled beta, but you have to be an iPhone developer to realise it.
I understand, but we weren't talking SDK. Several people paid the $99 just so they could have 3.0 before June, and it just isn't worth it. Safari is horribly bugged, PDF viewer isn't working very well, the WiFi takes a lot longer to connect, Maps doesn't work properly, Coverflow is really screwed up, copy&paste controls aren't perfected and screw with text input, and there is plenty of lag to be found throughout the system. Yeah, sorry if that went a bit on the rant side :p. Anyway, a lot of non-devs wated their money considering the problems and the fact that 3.0 apps won't even come out until summer.

Really, they're gonna add A2DP? So what's "crippled" about it?
a) I haven't managed to get it to work with anything.
b) When people think Bluetooth, features like OBEX come to mind, and those aren't available. Hopefully the jailbreak app devs will work around that, though.

this

920588_61913_front.jpg

and this

918762_front.jpg

for 19 euro monies you can't really go wrong there.

Gee, I wonder what you are gonna do with that... :p

2x DS Lite's

ds%20lite%20silver.jpg

picture_1.png

2x 4GB microSD cards

kingston-microsd-4gb.jpg

2x CycloDS Evolution

cyclods_s.jpg

1x 500GB lacie ext, cause the price was too good to pass up

hd_hddesignbyneilpoulton_2.jpg

why 2 of nintendos? and only 1 lacie?