Good "shoot em' up" films?

Posmo

I'm a piano until proven otherwise
Car(s)
'86 Sierra iS, '70 Cortina, '90 Sierra, '04 RS182
After watching Rock'nRolla, and being disappointed about the lack of violence in it, I realized that I haven't seen a proper action flick in a long time.. What fairly recent movies would you recommend ro qunch my thirst for ridiculous action movies?

There is a movie called Shoot 'Em Up that's probably awful enough to qunch your thirst.

I've heard good things about Equilibrium, but I haven't seen the full thing.

Erm..."Shoot 'Em Up"? :D

I've got no idea what you've seen or not, so here goes:
-HEAT, just fast forward the drama
-Tears of the Sun
-Old Boy (not so much guns, but lots of the stabbing and kicking and stuff :p )
-Aliens
-Transporter series
-Layer Cake
-Matrix movies (duh)
-We Were Soldiers
-Running Scared (awful, but if you want twisted, nasty violence, here you are)

"Shoot 'Em Up" is exactly what you're looking for :p
Seriously, it's a stupid action flick from start to finish.

Others:
- Any of the Transporter movies
- Any of the Crank movies
- Death Race (not so much shooting, but lots of stupid car violence)
- The International
- Come to think of, just about anything staring Jason Statham or Clive Owen :lol:
- Taken (although that is actually a pretty good movie)

- Come to think of, just about anything staring Jason Statham or Clive Owen :lol:

Don't say Clive Owen, he might accidentally pick up Closer and that's not what he's looking for at all!

But yeah, if you want dumb action, just look for a picture of Jason Statham. I can't think of any movie that he's been in that hasn't been pretty much dumb action.

Don't say Clive Owen, he might accidentally pick up Closer and that's not what he's looking for at all!

But yeah, if you want dumb action, just look for a picture of Jason Statham. I can't think of any movie that he's been in that hasn't been pretty much dumb action.

Lock, stock and 2 smoking barrels?

Anyway, thanks for the tips, keep them coming, watching equilibrium (And yes, I had to check the spelling from imdb) right now, and so far it's been quite interesting.

Shoot 'Em Up was fucking awesome, and anybody who says otherwise is a Communist.

Guns don't kill people, but they sure help.
Besides, violence is one of the most fun things to watch.

Also, Equilibrium is a terrific film that nobody's ever heard of - the storyline is typical 1984 dystopian future stuff that was hampered by The Matrix (released around the same time), but the ending shootout is a thing to behold.

Shoot 'Em Up was fucking awesome, and anybody who says otherwise is a Communist.

Guns don't kill people, but they sure help.
Besides, violence is one of the most fun things to watch.

Also, Equilibrium is a terrific film that nobody's ever heard of - the storyline is typical 1984 dystopian future stuff that was hampered by The Matrix (released around the same time), but the ending shootout is a thing to behold.

I've seen Shoot em up, and just finished watching Equilribifjbifhbdfiog and I thought it was quite excellent. Good action, acting, and surpisingly good storyline aswell. The Cadillac was hideous though.

Going to download (illegally, yes) some more films. Can't work on the car in the rain, so I need to figure out what to do for the day. :)

The Jason Bourne films?
kind of like the James Bond films but with more of a plot and good action scenes.

much like the others, i recently came across The Transporter films and really enjoyed their fights first, storyline second approach. Jason Statham surprises me because he looks like a rough guy and you'd expect him to talk with a gruff voice and yet he speaks with a posh voice. Got Crank and looking at getting Death Race next.

Last edited:
Smokin' Aces.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=202uOuNsgow[/YOUTUBE]

Doom the movie, simply for this scene
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf4vOvnO3Wg[/YOUTUBE]

I'm going to post the into from The Way Of The Gun seeing as how everyone else has brought a clip of their recommendation.:)

Proabably Not Safe For Work on account of the swearing:

[YOUTUBE]5xsaMcw69D8[/YOUTUBE]

Smokin' Aces.

Sorry, but that movie sucked and was a huge disappointment...the trailer made it look way cooler than it actually was. Boring, overly dramatic, and not enough violence. :thumbsdown: