Gran Turismo 5

Holy hell. I need a PS3.

So, those screenshots are 1920x1080.
Will the game be 1080p? I thought the PS3 can't do 1080p and AA, and those pics have AA for sure... Also, quite a few PS3 titles aren't even 720p! (The Fanboys disagreeing with this can head over to eurogamer.net and check out their feature section where they do cross platform comparos)
Yeah, the game will look amazing, but I really wanna know what it actually looks like... Shiny GT5P like or another real improvement on top of that?

So, those screenshots are 1920x1080.
Will the game be 1080p? I thought the PS3 can't do 1080p and AA, and those pics have AA for sure... Also, quite a few PS3 titles aren't even 720p! (The Fanboys disagreeing with this can head over to eurogamer.net and check out their feature section where they do cross platform comparos)
Yeah, the game will look amazing, but I really wanna know what it actually looks like... Shiny GT5P like or another real improvement on top of that?

GT5 Prologue runs at 60fps and 1080p (with 16 cars on screen) so yes, GT5 will run at 1080p & 60 fps (but i highly doubt it will have AA).

Last edited:
Any word on if the ailerons in the nose of the 458 move in the game like they do IRL? :p

Any word on if the ailerons in the nose of the 458 move in the game like they do IRL? :p

I suppose they will move. They are Japanese and are obsessed with the details so. there some screens in the previous page with the enzo aileron up so I guess the 458 ones will move too.

Hmmmm. I keep seeing the Ferrari 458, the Enzo, and the Gallardo LP560-4. I really hope those aren't the only ones from those two companies. I want some Diablos, Countachs, 512s, 355s, and more.....

Granted this is a start. I remember right before GT4 came out, people were saying Polyphony will NEVER get the Bull or the prancing Horse.

According to Forza, Ferrari is one of the biggest helps to them design wise, sending them schematics and helping wherever they can. I think they just want $$$ first.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oOXdKcdpZ8&fmt=18[/YOUTUBE]

GT Planet said:
You probably remember the stunning Ferrari 458 Italia video that Polyphony Digital put together for the company. Now, they?re doing it again for Toyota?s new concept car: the FT-86. This time, we actually get to hear some engine and improved tire noise, along with what appears to be a new track at?dusk? It?s fun to speculate, but we probably shouldn?t read too far into the sounds or time of day just yet. Regardless, take a look and enjoy! I?ll update this post when I get my hands on a better [HD] version of the trailer.

Another one bites the dust :D

Here's what needs to happen:

1) Finish and release the damn game
2) Add as many cars as you want later as (preferably free) DLC

FTFY

glad to see they sort of improved the sound

I saw your comment in the FT-86 thread. They don't add cars. They already had them modelled. Polyphony the car companies give Polyphony the specs and design of the cars months prior their release to the public, so they have plenty of time to model them and they will be brand new when the game is released. i'm sure that there will be a couple more videos showing a new concept or car in GT5 during the Tokyo Motor Show.

I saw your comment in the FT-86 thread. They don't add cars. They already had them modelled. Polyphony the car companies give Polyphony the specs and design of the cars months prior their release to the public, so they have plenty of time to model them and they will be brand new when the game is released. i'm sure that there will be a couple more videos showing a new concept or car in GT5 during the Tokyo Motor Show.

I realize this, of course they don't create the car for the game from scratch within days of announcement. I was just being facetious.

The car is ugly as sin, but the sound quality is fantastic. Hope its really in-game sound.

I have to buy this game. Allso because modern racing games are immpossible to play without a wheel I have to get a wheel too. First one of my life.

Shit just got expensive. :|