5 freedoms you'd lose in health care reform

Have you seen the food we eat?

Spotted_Dick475.jpg

They have something called Spotted Dick. Your argument is invalid.

First off...are those people considered to be German citizens?

That's irrelevant. As soon as they live here, they take part in the same public health system, as every German citizen does.

Secondly, let's look at your 4.5 million figure. From WWII...how many of those people are still alive? Not so many. Even folks from the fall of the Iron Curtain...there will be significant losses in those figures.

The same goes for immigrants into the USA.

But even aside from that, to reach US proportions, Germany would require roughly 10 million foreign-born citizens from poorer countries to match the United States. Your math fails to support that number.

The math is not the point. The point is that it is possible to integrate immigrants into a public health and safety system from day one after their arrival and for the rest of their lives.

Only you need to have such a system in the first place.

Last edited:
I think that a poll would be interesting - all those not American would get to choose between their system or the American one. Thumping great Majority would love the US system, I bet!

Spotted_Dick475.jpg

They have something called Spotted Dick. Your argument is invalid.

Hey man do not Diss the Dick - have you tried it with Custard - Yummy Scrummy.

^ But this is the country that decided putting a Twinkie in a deep-fryer was a good idea.

That would be the Scots and Geordies - strange people - oh and not Twinkies but Mars Bars and Pizzas. .. Yes Pizzas.

Dipped in batter first of course.

Last edited:
Yes, that's correct.

[...]
btw, do you ever plan to explain why the average life expectancy in the UK is only 1.2% greater than in the US despite the UK having universal health coverage? :)

Considering you've just discredited your own argument and admitted that your claim is false, I don't have to.

I just have to.. prikkete penis!

(You should be able to translate that with google translation.)

That would be the Scots and Geordies - strange people - oh and not Twinkies but Mars Bars and Pizzas. .. Yes Pizzas.

Dipped in batter first of course.

These sound American, though:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbEjSI6JmWY&feature=PlayList&p=D3093526DCD2ADCD&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3[/YOUTUBE]

And while we're at it:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4izMF8MXNgU[/YOUTUBE]

So what we learn from that is that the Europeans may have come up with it, but that never prevented the Americans from copying it and even go a step further :)

So why not also with the health care system?

Last edited:
After reading that, no one can deny they desperately need public health insurance :mrgreen:

That's what I've been telling conspiracy theorists back in Norway ever since the notion of "The American Revolution v2.0" emerged..
Those guys are batshit crazy. I mean completely out of touch with reality. I'm not even sure how to properly describe their general position? Christian neo-conservative fascists?

After reading that, no one can deny they desperately need public mental health insurance :mrgreen:
I'm surprised they didn't fry mayonnaise too. Sick.

Those guys are batshit crazy. I mean completely out of touch with reality. I'm not even sure how to properly describe their general position? Christian neo-conservative fascists?
If you're talking about the Norwegians who believe in that dungcrap, they are a mix of NWO conspiracy theorists, conservatives (by Norwegian standards, in the US they would be commies) and such.