Gran Turismo 5

That's a really cool collection. I'm not a GT guy (since I've never owned a Playstation) so can you inform me of the difference between the 2 GT5 Prologue's you have? Only thing I notice is one has a PD and Sony sign and the other has only PD, and the rating system.

Of course I can! ^_^

The one on the left is the Japanese version of the game that I bought because I couldn't wait for the European release (which was 3 months later). If you don't update the game it includes different menus and challenges compared to the American and European versions.

And the one on the right is the European version.

But I own a third Prologue which is the one in the black rectangular box. It is a Press Kit (only given to magazines and car companies so they can test the game) and included the Press CD (full of high-res pictures, videos and official press releases so they could publish them on the magazines) and the game. It also came with a letter from Kazunori (ninth photo from the top) and some cards with renders from some of the cars and car specifications.

You really are deep in love with GT...

I told myself i won`t buy ps3 just for prologue, but i can`t wait...

The press kit looks sooo nice, like something you'd buy for $1000 dollars, but your collection begs a question. Where are your PSX Gran Turismos?!

The press kit looks sooo nice, like something you'd buy for $1000 dollars, but your collection begs a question. Where are your PSX Gran Turismos?!

I was thinking the same thing, and also where did he get the press kit from (unless he is in the press and I'm missing something here)?

^ He got it off ebay. At least I remember somebody buying a press kit off ebay in the new toys thread...

Anyway: SO, I ordered GT5 Prologue today. Not for me, but for my Boss. He has a PS3 driven Hometheatre Room, and afaik he doesn't have a single game for it. We talked on a longer drive the other day and I told him I'm into virtual racing, so he asked me to get a car game for him, because another rather old Buddy of his also wants to try stuff like that.

When I get the game: What do I have to do? Are there Patches or addons to it? I got the Platinum Version for 22 Euros form Amazon.
Are the all the cars availible in Splitscreen mode? Or is there a mode where you can drive all the cars?
I guess my Driving Force Pro will work with the PS3?

Thx in advance for the replys...

But I own a third Prologue which is the one in the black rectangular box. It is a Press Kit (only given to magazines and car companies so they can test the game) and included the Press CD (full of high-res pictures, videos and official press releases so they could publish them on the magazines) and the game. It also came with a letter from Kazunori (ninth photo from the top) and some cards with renders from some of the cars and car specifications.

That's really cool. I can't believe I missed the third one even though it's in the same picture :lol:

When I get the game: What do I have to do? Are there Patches or addons to it? I got the Platinum Version for 22 Euros form Amazon.
Are the all the cars availible in Splitscreen mode? Or is there a mode where you can drive all the cars?

I believe the Platinum Edition will have all cars available on disc and doesn't require a patch. Unfortunatly you have to unlock cars by purchasing them with money won by racing for more cars to be available in arcade. Yes, your DFP will work on the PS3.

^ He got it off ebay. At least I remember somebody buying a press kit off ebay in the new toys thread...

Anyway: SO, I ordered GT5 Prologue today. Not for me, but for my Boss. He has a PS3 driven Hometheatre Room, and afaik he doesn't have a single game for it. We talked on a longer drive the other day and I told him I'm into virtual racing, so he asked me to get a car game for him, because another rather old Buddy of his also wants to try stuff like that.

Ah, should've guessed it would be eBay. Great find.

You won't be able to resist it, you'll tell him you got ripped off and the game isn't coming, but secretly keep it...

DFP should work fine with the PS3, can't you wait for the Fanatec wheel then? :D

Edit: Never Mind, must've missed that somehow.

Last edited:
^

Sorry Buba but no Split Screen mode in GT5 Prologue. Only in previous versions but not on PS3. Anyway I expect we'll get it in the complete version!

Anyway my COMPLETE Gran Turismo Collection:
- GT1 and GT2 on PSX
- GT3, GT concept 2001, GT4 Prologue and GT4, Tourist Trophy on PS2
- GT5 Prologue on PS3
- GT PSP
Sorry for the poor quality phone camera pic.:p

Attachments

• DSC00634.JPG
    DSC00634.JPG
    521.7 KB · Views: 50
^ No split screen? The amazon Page said it HAS split screen...

Well, if all goes wrong, I have to take my 360 with Forza3...

Sorry Buba but no Split Screen mode in GT5 Prologue. Only in previous versions but not on PS3. Anyway I expect we'll get it in the complete version!

Anyway my COMPLETE Gran Turismo Collection:
- GT1 and GT2 on PSX
- GT3, GT concept 2001, GT4 Prologue and GT4, Tourist Trophy on PS2
- GT5 Prologue on PS3
- GT PSP
Sorry for the poor quality phone camera pic.:p

:lol:

I was watching this picture and wondering, I know a guy who has exactly the same collection (OST's included). Then I read Kimo_SpeedSix! I knew it was you! :lol:

Yeah I know I know... :(

The thing is that I started with GT3 and never got to play much with GT 1 and GT2. So I started looking for games since GT3. But I already started searching for the PSX games so it won't be long before I add them to my collection.

I was thinking the same thing, and also where did he get the press kit from (unless he is in the press and I'm missing something here)?

I got them from ebay as Buba said. I paid quite a lot for the GT5Prologue press kit but the GT4 one cost me 10 pounds ^_^

Last edited:
^ Phew... Good thing... Apperently the older buddy of my boss used to be a Ferrari Collector, had like 5 or so... Wouldn't wanna miss out on the opportunity of meeting him...

Again: Back to Prologue, since nobody answered it...
Are all the cars unlocked in splitscreen?

^ As far as I remember: No.

The last time I drove split-screen we used cars in the garage of the save-game. But, there are ways of getting all the cars unlocked without beating the game if you need them quickly...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/save/942026.html
(The only thing to worry about is making sure all updates are downloaded first (I would expect)

Last edited:
^ Yep, I dld a save game earlier... How Do I get it on the PS3? UsbStick? Any special format?

Sorry dude!
GT5 Prologue DO have split screen.

About the garage cars I'm not sure if you can copy them in another PS
You should be able by just using a stick.