You know, 1.2 liters in my 500 is just too much. I want less.

It will be really fun if the fit a low pressure turbo that only kicks in at the higher revs. Massive turbo lag! You'll have literally no power at first, and then it will kick you in your seat.
:)

I think it's a fantastic little engine. What Fiat has done here is amazing - they squeezed more than 100bhp/litre from a 2 cylinder 0.9 litre engine. It has the same power output of a 4 cylinder and it's lighter. If I'd buy a 500 I'd go for it.

I think it's a fantastic little engine. What Fiat has done here is amazing - they squeezed more than 100bhp/litre from a 2 cylinder 0.9 litre engine. It has the same power output of a 4 cylinder and it's lighter. If I'd buy a 500 I'd go for it.

have you ever driven a small performance engine? it sucks ass!

always having to rev the shit out of the engine to be going anywhere...it makes you soooo tired, and you end up driving slow...

you do need some cc's to have a useable engine

always having to rev the shit out of the engine to be going anywhere...it makes you soooo tired, and you end up driving slow...

+1. There is NO substitute for cubic inches.

Tired? I get tired by running to my destination, not by going there by car :p

Turbos + DSG and Torsten is your aunty.

you know why they do only two cylinders?
so they don't end up with the trophy for "smallest cylinder in a (mass-produced) car"... :lol:
afaik that would still go to the smart with 0,8liters spread over 3 cylinders :p

The Japanese with their 660cc kei cars would have something to say about that :)

This engine is interesting at least, being a twin in a car and all.

So you have a highly-stressed tiny Italian engine...anyone want to bring up the durability question? This had better be thoroughly tested out before it's put on the market.

I would never pic this 2cyl screamer instead of the 1.2l. I thought that the 3cyl engines in the aygos and C2's are horrible.. well I guess we'll have to wait and see..

Pah, one cylinder is more than enough. Everything above that is just decadent excess!

*glances at own vehicle list nervously* What? No, I'm not biased at all! :p

Pah, one cylinder is more than enough. Everything above that is just decadent excess!

*glances at own vehicle list nervously* What? No, I'm not biased at all! :p

In bikes, four or less cylinders is the way to go, but in cars.. I'm not so sure yet :p

nice engine! where's the rest of it?

Wow. Three or four cylinders was SO last decade :rolleyes:

Why? It's a motorcycle engine. I hope they're not thinking that'll fly over here.

If I lived in a city, was concerned about CO2, used 'hair product' and worried about motorcycle helmets messing up my 'look' this would be the car for me.
Sadly none of those apply. If they put it in a Panda then that'd be great.

Yay, the Polski Fiat is back! :D

Fiat 500p! :p

The Two-Cylinder is kinda tradition in small Fiats since the original 500, other companies this days go for a 3-cyl engine (and they all sound like electric lawn mowers), Im glad that Fiat bring it back! :)

(Even know, I wouldnt buy one if I had to, its still too girly :lol: )

Can't wait to see Fiat putting this in a Dodge Caliper. lol.

I definetly gonna be getting one of those engines!

.....if I ever need a new whipermotor