Top Gear Show/Site Suggestions

I would like to see them recap the SAAB story (it will be old news by then, so hopefully it won't seem overdone) with an emphasis on the 5,000 people in support convoys and such people power stories, then go to the SAAB museum in Trollh?ttan, and do a film there, like they did for Lancia.

What do the non-SAAB nuts think?

I would like to see a new version of the fast saloon comparison between the CTS-V,XFR,ISF,M5,C/E-Class AMG,etc.
Or
A slightly higher budget challenge, maybe where they could each get around$10,000 (I know, expensive), It make for a more interesting challenge

P.S. Thank you for taking time to get the viewers input, we all appreciate it.

NEW EPIC CHALLENGE FOR TOP GEAR

1. 1500 quid for a Japanese manual, RWD car.
2. Do some random challenges in stock form.
3. give them 3500 quid for modifications towards making it a drift car
4. DORIFTO CHALLENGE
5. ???????
6. Hear them bicker about how each others cars are crap and Clarkson loopholes his way to the win.

I'd love to see a dash cam's perspective in the supercar tests, with audio from inside the cabin, to give a real feel for the cars' powuhhhhhh.

I think an excellent idea for top gear would be to get the TG trio into partaking in the Mongol Rally, a 10,000 mile journey from London to Ulanbaataar in Mongolia. The idea is, you buy as cheap a car as you can, then auction it off for charity once you get there. Around 5000 people embark on this journey every year and I think it's criminal that TG hasn't got onto this TV gold yet!

http://mongolrally.theadventurists.com/index.php
This journey was just made for a Top Gear special!

A kinda cheap car race there they has to buy a people carrier from before 1990 for say ?2000 and modify it to an RV and go on a european holiday and also do some challenges.

They should give each of the presenters ?2000 and tell them to use that money to buy a car and make it ready for a race on silverstone. Have them all show up at silverstone, and when they get there, give them a challenge card that tells them to go to a rally track instead and race their cars there. Could you guys imagine the hilarity that would ensue with the three of them trying to race lowered, high power cars, with a tight suspension around a bumpy dirt track. I think it would be great.

If they want to come back to the 'States, I'd like to see them go to Kona and do a "driving man's" version of the IronMan triathlon. Instead of running, they could drive, instead of swimming, use boats, use jet skis or motorcycles instead of bikes, that sort of a thing. Though Kona is expensive for a location shoot, the scenery would be fantastic.

Of course, they might have trouble with James getting lost-don't want him to fall into a volcano. Another problem might be the Sat Nav-could be pretty useless there for them, with all of the street names something like "Kealakekua" which, I'm sure they would have a hard time following. (Imagine having to call the auto club, only to say, "I'm stuck at the corner of....Keal....Keal...um...." Almost every street is the intersection of unpronounceable and impossible to spell really. Still, you know, the scenery and all.

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but, just in case.

I would like to see them come back to the states except the South. Alabama made us look like idiots. We are not all like that A cross country drive would be cool, something out west in the mountains or through the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee. They could even head up to Canada. They need more epic challenge shows. They probably cost a bunch to do them though. Can't wait until July when the new shows start

Hear hear! The southern drive challenge was just embarrassing (and the visit to Reno on the way to the salt flats not much better--"Are you John Lennon?" OMG). I suspect it's more fun for the TG folks to find weird Americans, of course, but it would be nice to be better represented once in a while, show the world we're not all batsh*t crazy.

I know its probably been said about 1,000 times but how about a straight-forward modify a car for X amount of money. No restrictions except buy a car for X pounds, with X for mods, and see whos fastest. A real enthusiast segment.

Series 12 Episode 3

I would hardly call that what I was mentioning. I meant each pick his own car, no stipulations (must be RWD, Porsche, not Porsche). In that episode, they were handed a car and told to make it fast. I like the shows where they each choose a vehicle of their own, as it makes it interesting. Giving them freedom to pick whatever the best deal/car they can and going from there would make a great gear/petrol head segement.

Having rewatched some of the episodes where House mocks Casting shows/Tv shows with elimination in general (S4) ... the boys could do a bit of their favorite activity (It?s irony you fool!) of reviewing cars that the general public might consider buying ... by making it into a sort of casting show/elimination ... at the end we could get "the car for britian" ... wich could be on fire, with musical instruments landing on top of it, while towing a caravan ... into the ocean ...

Last edited:
A Special consisting of them receiving 5-10 grand each to get a car and modify it and drive all the way from Russia/China all the way to London. The thing is that the budget must also cover the spending of petrol and services in case they break down.

How about getting the presenters to become RAC or AA men for the day, it will be a change from breaking down all the time (mind you wouldn't want Clarkson to try to fix my car!)

Not sure if this has been suggested but I would personally like to see them travel to (enter exotic country of choice) and have them be given such a pathetic amount of money that they have to pool their money together and get something all three of them can fit in (RV? Winnebago style) and travel in comfortably across chosen country.

I just think it'd be funny to see Jeremy drive off like a loon with James in the shower.

Not sure if this has been suggested but I would personally like to see them travel to (enter exotic country of choice) and have them be given such a pathetic amount of money that they have to pool their money together and get something all three of them can fit in (RV? Winnebago style) and travel in comfortably across chosen country.

I just think it'd be funny to see Jeremy drive off like a loon with James in the shower.

YES! i can only imagine the three of them stuffed in a Fiat Panda for 6 days together. i mean, wow, just imagine what would come of that! just a great idea!

I agree as well! :nod:

Since they hate caravans so much, why not make them do a challenge where they are suppose to build a portable "home" together, buy a cheap car and live on it for the weekend.