Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

I'd go gigabyte for the motherboard, I love my GA-P55A-UD4.

Other than that, everything looks good.

yeah i considered those...
they're quite a bit cheaper and i can't really find anything wrong with them.
only thought of asus because they served me well in the past :p

since there's still quite a bit of time before i'll buy all the stuff (damn exams!), i'll just quickly scan the market again at the time and decide fairly spontaneously.

Nice thing about the GA-P55A-UD4 is that it's SATA 6 and USB 3.0 equipped. Futureproof.

woah! i thought about that but had already waved it away because i didn't think i'd be able to get it anyway.
sad thing is: no SLI / CF with activated USB3 / SATA6 - but i don't think i'll be going SLI/CF anyway... so never mind :lol:
now only thing left is hope for prices to drop at least a little bit until next month :p

Yeah that's the downside for me - I'm planning on CF 4890s.

just did a bit of reading.
according to toms hardware guide the ASUS P7P55D-E Premium manages to avoid that problem by somehow having some sort of bridge whatever i don't understand all that. i honestly don't care how it works, really :p
downside with THAT is the price, currently way over 200 euros, which is quite a bit more than i was willing to spend.
~145euros for that gigabyte board are quite ok... i'll have to do some serious considerationinging... preferably with tea and cookies :hmm:
:lol:

edit: FAIL!
that asus board actually goes for 130 euros, who cares about that premium bit :p all the usb3 / sata6 stuff is on there with the basic version also. so it's even cheaper than the gigabyte thing!

edit again:
looking at the pictures, i'm not certain a scythe mugen 2 won't interfere with the first RAM slot =/

edit again again! (omfg something's wrong with me)
according to "THE INTERNETZZZ" (who thinks they know everything) RAM will fit underneath a mugen2 if you don't get some ridiculous heatsinky thing. even then you could probably still move the fan around a bit...

Last edited:
sony-ericsson-xperia-x2-front1.jpg

Why do I suddenly have the urge to buy one of these in Hong Kong next week?

Goddammit, I'm supposed to be saving for UE customs....

you have that urge because you are not that stupid to spend real money buying anything from sony-ericsson.

If it isn't clear enough: i hate sony ericssons

sony-ericsson-xperia-x2-front1.jpg

Why do I suddenly have the urge to buy one of these in Hong Kong next week?

Goddammit, I'm supposed to be saving for UE customs....

I got one in silver. And if i were to recommend, go for something else. I had '3' sets, the first one upon inspection had a dented battery cover, so set 2 is exchanged. Then the fucking thing hard reset itself, AND CLEARED OUT ALL APPLICATIONS, leaving me with a pure stock Windows Mobile 6.5. Then exchanged set 3.

As for response, it's kind of slow, since it's still running on a Qualcomm 528mhz. Battery life is ok, i leave MSN running for about 10 hours, plus the calls here (though my calls usually don't exceed 20 mins a day), and by the time i reach home i'm on low battery warning, which pops up at 30%.

Plus points? The keyboard, the screen (indoors that is, in direct sunlight it's close to useless).

Should I get all this stuff for my new iPod Touch?

$20 (US) for:

* 1xBlack Leather Skin Case Cover
* 1xWater Case
* 4xHard Case Cover
* 1xStylus Pen
* 2x Screen Protector
* 2x Earphone
* 1x Earphone Splitter
* 1x 3in1 Travel/Car Charger
* 1x USB Sync Cable
* 2x Earphone Fish Bones
* 1x Mini Speaker

I think that's a crazy deal (even though its from Hong Kong, but it comes with free shipping anyway!). :D

Edit: Another question: Which video formats does the iPod Touch support? I tried adding .mp4, .wmv, .avi, and .mkv files to iTunes, but none of them would work. :dunno:

Last edited:
I thought it could convert most of those to what the iPod needs.

^^ h.264 QuickTime is your safest bet for the iProducts....

I thought it could convert most of those to what the iPod needs.

Yeah, it does that with audio files, but not video. :(

Can anyone point out a good video to ipod converter so I can convert videos so they will play on the ipod properly?

^Always wondered that myself. But I'm only going from experiences with cheap cardboard 3D glasses that I've had to wedge in between my specs and my face.

anyone know why my lcd monitor won't turn on ?

a few times after i left it unplugged for a while, whilst connecting it to the power cable, the power light flashed for about 1 second... now though, nothing happens no matter what i do.