Random Thoughts....

Like all B&O stuff it's expensive :lol: I think it's worth it though. I had a cosmetic defect with the headphones that came with the mp3 player about a year into having it (a little black plastic end cap came off) and I stopped by a boutique and they gave me a brand new pair no problems. If for some reason I have a problem with the mp3 player in the next year and a half I'll still be under warranty and they'll either fix it or replace it for me. One thing I forgot to mention, it gets about 40 hours of play from a full charge. I charge it about once a week and lasts just fine.

Sounds like it might be worth the high price tag.

If you really care about the latest technology you might be disappointed with many B&O products.

They are more an exercise in industrial design than anything else. I know for a fact some people here will disagree with that wholeheartedly, but that's my view of B&O's products.

Of course! It's just money.

Disclaimer: The pens I have sitting on this desk right now exceed $1400 in value.

If you really care about the latest technology you might be disappointed with many B&O products.

They are more an exercise in industrial design than anything else. I know for a fact some people here will disagree with that wholeheartedly, but that's my view of B&O's products.

I wouldn't buy a B&O for the tech, their products just look awesome.

If I'm gonna get a B&O phone, it's gotta be either the BeoCom 5, 1, or 4 (The 2 is too tacky for me and the 1401 is wired). What are the prices on those?

Are you back with B&O? What kind of factory attracts those kinds of people?

Yes, you've been gone for too long :p It's only in the production but it's better than nothing. They frequently have tours for all sorts of people from high school kids to pensioners

I'm definitely going to have to visit that factory if I go to Switzerland for watchmaking stuff later.

They usually have tours 5 weeks over the summer vacation, other than that it's pretty hard to get in, unless you know someone that works there :mrgreen:

I have a serious case of want for one of these: http://www.bang-olufsen.com/beocom1401

I got one of those in the kitchen, good phone :D

Then you just might fare rather well with B&O goods. ;)

Personally, as someone who just likes to mess with technology for fun, the lack of the latest tech in many B&O products genuinely irks me. The BeoCom 5 sure looks packed with features, but some of their stuff isn't.

You're right. B&O has never been keen on being on the cutting edge of latest technology. They've nearly always waited and held off on putting in the newest technology into their stuff because they want to make sure what the put out is relevant and will be usable in 10...20 years. They just started adding bluray into a few of their TVs within the last year. They take their sweet time so they don't pull a Betamax. Or Minidisc. You'll note if you go out and buy one of their newest products, there's a very good chance it will hook right up to a system from 20 years ago and work without much problem.

If I'm gonna get a B&O phone, it's gotta be either the BeoCom 5, 1, or 4 (The 2 is too tacky for me and the 1401 is wired). What are the prices on those?

5 is $785 including the speakerphone base unit, 1 is $400 and 4 is $375. The 4 is tiny by the way (15cm tall). I've seen bigger cellphones.

The 5 is also sold out everywhere, so you couldn't get it right now if you wanted it. You could also get it without the speakerphone base and save some money, but I'm not sure how much (I think it's nearly $200 cheaper without it) since their store is clammed up because it's sold out.

If I'm gonna get a B&O phone, it's gotta be either the BeoCom 5, 1, or 4 (The 2 is too tacky for me and the 1401 is wired).

1 is a really good phone, it's still used for company phones and they get a really good beating, but are still going strong. I like the 4 too, bought my parents one for christmas 2 years ago.

The 5 is also sold out everywhere, so you couldn't get it right now if you wanted it. You could also get it without the speakerphone base and save some money, but I'm not sure how much (I think it's nearly $200 cheaper without it) since their store is clammed up because it's sold out.

Ah, damn. Even without the speakerphone though, it's still too expensive for me.

1 is a really good phone, it's still used for company phones and they get a really good beating, but are still going strong. I like the 4 too, bought my parents one for christmas 2 years ago.

Good to know, I'll keep that in mind.

I have one, it was fifty bucks off because the new ones were out and this was the last 1st gen at the store, they offered and I saved fifty dollars.

What's an Itouch?

It's what the cool kids call the iPod touch. ;)

I'm having some peanut butter M&M's for the first time just now, I think they are new to Canada. The peanut butter taste is so much better and less fake-tasting than Reese's Pieces, but I really don't care for the chocolate bit in between the candy coating and peanut butter centre, especially as it seems to be dark chocolate too.

Dark chocolate... gross. I saw some 90% cocoa chocolate the other day, fairly certain I would actually gag on that stuff.

:lol: Yep, it's an iPod Touch.

I hate dark chocolate too. It's just too strong for my tastes.

I've run out of things to clean with my new pressure washer. Sadly I can't find the cat anywhere......