Help pick a car to replace my Grandmother's Corvette.

Talked to her about a Porsche. Doesn't want one. And I mean seriously she just wrote off the whole brand. Dont ask me why as I have no idea.

edit:
She really liked a V8 vantage but balked at the fact that any new one will be 140+ as you cant get one without every option ticked.

Last edited:
Well, she is 80 and they are "arse-engined, Hitler mobiles." :p

Whatever she gets, I for one will be rooting for her all the way. The very fact that she's making this choice utterly rocks. She should start an awesome grannies club with my grandma and a translator.

I just spent the day(well yesterday now) in a CTS-V and loved it.

Honda S2000 with the Mugen upgrade.

An S2000 wouldn't be a good choice for someone who has driven torquy V8s most of her life.

Talked to her about a Porsche. Doesn't want one. And I mean seriously she just wrote off the whole brand. Dont ask me why as I have no idea.

edit:
She really liked a V8 vantage but balked at the fact that any new one will be 140+ as you cant get one without every option ticked.

It's only mid $60Ks for a very low mileage 2006 V8 Vantage though.

I think a BMW would be good, an M5 for example could replace both cars. They are driving machines after all and while a bit heavy, still really powerful and fast.

It has already been mentioned, but the ideal car for your old gran is a Mercedes C63 wagon .. with the optional LSD (as she clearly likes a bit of oversteer). Grunt, load capacity, automatic, easy to get in and out of and ... as cool as a cucumber, lurking in the fridge, trying to avoid the salad-makers glare ... you know you'd be a fool not to recommend it. ;)

I just want to throw this out there since it hasn't been mentioned and is in a entirely different category. Ford F150 SVT Raptor. It will sure have the cool factor among the young driver's at the gas pump :D

lol at the raptor! Her ex-son inlaw has one. That throws that one out.

As for the C63 wagon, well she told me no wagons so there. I will show her a C63 at the merc dealer but she basically said if she goes with the merc she will go all the way and get an S class. I really dont think she would like it, but then I have never quite accused her of being logical.

edit:
And on the vantage, yes but A she wants new and B, when I called Aston of Dallas they could only find one even close that price range with an automatic and in their opinion it looked a bit beat on.

Last edited:
The thought of your 80 year old Grandmother getting a IS-F or the such...

How do I spread rep to your Grandma?

I want to see the drag race between TBoneUS' Grandma in her new ride and Spectre's mom in the police surplus Crown Vic!

Will they race for pink slips, or blue rinses, anyone offering odds, and when will we see it on youtube!

I want to see the drag race between TBoneUS' Grandma in her new ride and Spectre's mom in the police surplus Crown Vic!

Will they race for pink slips, or blue rinses, anyone offering odds, and when will we see it on youtube!

Now that would be something I would love to see. Drag, AutoX, or Road Course?

Don't really have an opinion on this, since you can't really replace a Corvette. .. Unless she gets something European.

More importantly though, has the awesomeness of your grandmother been sufficiently emphasized?

So, from this we can assume that you are made from at least 1/4 win?

Because your grandmother is 100% win.

I don't really have a suggestion, just felt the need to say that.