Autoblog: BMW registers dontblogaboutthis.com, we can't help it

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/09/07/bmw-dontblogaboutthis.jpg

A new website called DontBlogAboutThis.com has surfaced, currently populated with two photos and two videos. The photos show an odd looking BMW 6 Series wearing skinny tires, a matte paint job and a don't-look-at-me-no-please-look-at-me bumper sticker. Is it the new BMW Hipster Series? The site also notes that these photos are not spy shots ? which we know is true since we looked up the domain registration information. The site is owned by BMW.

The two videos, which you can watch after the jump, reveal only a little more than the photos. Whatever is under the hood of this BMW is running very quietly. In fact, it seems to be mostly road noise that we hear before the slightly creepy Heroes-esque music comes in.

What does it all mean? Honestly... we have no clue. We know that the BMW M6 has ceased production so maybe the engineers are deciding to head in a different direction. Could this be powered by hydrogen, Bangle Blood or is an electric boogaloo 6 Series is on the horizon?

Please please tell me this isn't going in the direction I think it is going.

mostdefinetelyblogthisweneedattention.com was taken?

They didn't want to seem needy, although I think they failed.

I'm just more disappointed in BMW every year. Not mad, just ... disappointed.

I'm just more disappointed in BMW every year. Not mad, just ... disappointed.

I find it hard to be disappointed by this when we don't even know what this is. Unless you mean the marketing ploy, but that seems to have done its job well.

Whatever it is, those narrow tires are anything but sporting. It's designed for economy, unless they announce some kind of new supersticky rubber compound or something....

hybrid6seriesandpseudoecosuvsfrombmwsucksbadly.net

Bean counters running the company. It's a darn shame honestly...
Yep. Same thing that ruined Toyota.

I find it hard to be disappointed by this when we don't even know what this is. Unless you mean the marketing ploy, but that seems to have done its job well.
There's enough there that you could easily assume it's a hybrid or an EV. With no sporting aspirations, from the look of those tires (on a 6 series?). The viral marketing ploy is just silly, though you're right, it's obviously been somewhat successful. But it's not successful in the sense that people are talking about this positively. And nevermind they've also killed the M6 and the glorious V10 that propelled it ... and now they "unveil" this ... thing.

Oh good, they made the front end uglier so you can tell which one is the envirocrap version.

http://img832.imageshack.**/img832/5820/nukeitfromorbit.jpg

Any chance it's just an M6 shell on a test mule for another model? BMW pulling a fast one?

Hope?

Please?

I guess I'm gonna register idontgiveacrapaboutnewbmwssincethe90s.com