Do you think YOU can drive in the UK?

i wonder if you could find the hazard perception test would as many people pass it as the questions

Not a bad idea, I'll try and find online version of that test and post it here.

It really was a pain in the ass :\ I remember having the CD and they counted a parked car not completely in its bay more of a hazard than someone turning out of the end of a drive and coming too far out onto the road, oh well, i passed it all anyway

I was constantly distracted by the welsh 'ARAF' markings painted on the roads in the hazard perception, but once that wore off you just have to be a bit paranoid and it's fine.

36/50

It's hard when they have like funny tiny road arrows and stuff that I have never even seen before. Also I may have forgotten the road sides were reversed until halfway through the test. Oops.

Also post any questions you guys found particularly confusing, so we can go over it and explain the differences between our system of and the varying international methods of doing things.

FAIL 42/50. Some very British questions there. What's with the hand signals? We didn't have any.

Does the white line at the edge of the road not mean "boundary of motorway"? And wtf does that little arrow mean?

35 out of 50. No, I cannot.

I missed a question because I didn't think "will dazzle other road users" was a serious answer.

liberace-1.jpg

35/40. Tripped up by silly things I think.

Passed with 43/50 and 3 of my wrong answers were either hand signals or regarding UK law, which I'm not familiar with. I reckon it was fairly easy save it for the few UK-specific questions, but mostly just very basic motoring related stuff.

FAIL 42/50. Some very British questions there. What's with the hand signals? We didn't have any.

Does the white line at the edge of the road not mean "boundary of motorway"? And wtf does that little arrow mean?

These are things that got me too. We have hand signals but not the same things I don't think. :blink:

The arrow means keep to the left. Yes, the white line is the boundary, it's there as a visual aid to always let you know where the edge of the road is.a

Also as for the hand signals, they mainly apply to cyclists who have no indicators, as I'm fairly sure that failed indicators constitutes an MOT failure and will get you ticketed by the cops.

Last edited:
I don't think that picture with the arrow is actually very typical, you'd usually see them coming up to a no overtaking zone (double solid white lines or single solid white line on your side). LC is free to correct be if I'm talking BS here. :D

Last edited:
Nah, it's cool, all input on the matter is welcome.

I passed just about with 45.

I passed my real theory first time, but not before it made me shit a whole bungalow of bricks after the computer I was on crashed during hazard perception.

31 out of 50, some of that stuff makes no sense, and there aren't any less accidents in the uk :p perhaps they need to teach them the finnish way of driving

I passed my real theory first time, but not before it made me shit a whole bungalow of bricks after the computer I was on crashed during hazard perception.

Funnily enough I was just talking to a mate about the computers crashing (sent him the test to try), so you must be one of the select few to crash on the theory test. :p Rep worthy that.

Why so many questions on first aid? Are all British motorists former Boy Scouts?

36 out of 50. England obviously hates me. Funny, judging by such a failed score I clearly run over three pedestrians a week and plow into hedgerows every day at noon, like clockwork.