2010 Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Fixed for accuracy.

trololo.jpg

Driver steward this weekend is probably the holder of the title for 2010's Pass of the Year in Motorsport, Emanuele Pirro. (Overtaking move in question is sneaking a Lola-Judd down the inside of a Peugeot at Sebring while threading the car between about 3 GT2 cars fighting for position)

Also, Yamamamamamamamamamamamomomomomomoto's cash must have run absolutely dry, Christian Klien keeps his seat at HRT.

Last edited:
1) Pole and winner?
Red bull and anyone but alonso! (Ham?)
2) Who will become WDC and how will the standings look after the race (top 4)?
Webber because Alo will be to busy waiting for the team to tell Webber that "Alonso is faster than you, do you understand" unknowing that the other teams dont have to respect him
3) Will Red Bull lock out the front row again?
well, im on the redbull wagon for this race, i just dont think Ham can pull this one out. so, yes, i think RB will lock up the front row. i just feel they want this WAY more than Ferarri
4) Any safety cars or race surprises?
No
5) Will the sand cause problems for the track?
Small Problems
6) Which rookie has impressed you the most in 2010?
Petrov
7) Which new team has impressed you the most in 2010?
Lotus by a mile!
8) Do you think Red Bull will carry the momentum and still have a dominant car in 2011? Yes, if they can keep webber. they are here to stay.
9) How do you think the new regulations will make the racing better or worse in 2011?just dont know till we get there. i would like them to stop regulation so much and the these teams build the cars they want.
10) Was Red Bull the deserving WCC? If not, who was?
Yes, they have a wonderful team. i think everyone in the top FIVE deserved to win.

I would like to see webber take home the title he's had an amazing season and with all the bad luck he used to get I think he and Red Bull deserves this one.

I don't get you guys, honestly. How can you still say Webber has had an amazing season? All he's had is the dominant car. He's made a total mess of his campaign many times due to his own fault... stuff like the Kovalainen crash-flight, taking Hamilton off a couple of times (that stupid crash in Australia, for crying out loud), basic mistakes, in Korea, Malaysia (losing his pole to Vettel in turn 1), arguably Turkey... I mean the guy has the best car.. and is second in the championship standings going in to the final race. In which twisted mind can this be classified as an awesome campaign?

Driver steward this weekend is probably the holder of the title for 2010's Pass of the Year in Motorsport, Emanuele Pirro. (Overtaking move in question is sneaking a Lola-Judd down the inside of a Peugeot at Sebring while threading the car between about 3 GT2 cars fighting for position)

Also, Yamamamamamamamamamamamomomomomomoto's cash must have run absolutely dry, Christian Klien keeps his seat at HRT.

Pirro's a great driver.... but is it that good of an idea bringing someone who has no experience in modern F1 for this last critical race?
Also what happened to Chandhok? Indian GP next year is enough to sell F1 there so he's no longer necessary?

Last edited:
Pirro's a great driver.... but is it that good of an idea bringing someone who has no experience in modern F1 for this last critical race?

He might not have experience in modern F1, but he has experience in F1 and experience in modern racing in recent years. We have even had driver stewards with no F1 races to their credit... and I'm not sure we've actually seen any truly controversial penalties dished out for on-track incidents this year.

I don't get you guys, honestly. How can you still say Webber has had an amazing season? All he's had is the dominant car. He's made a total mess of his campaign many times due to his own fault... stuff like the Kovalainen crash-flight, taking Hamilton off a couple of times (that stupid crash in Australia, for crying out loud), basic mistakes, in Korea, Malaysia (losing his pole to Vettel in turn 1), arguably Turkey... I mean the guy has the best car.. and is second in the championship standings going in to the final race. In which twisted mind can this be classified as an awesome campaign?

Let's be straight here. All the 'main' drivers have been doing too many mistakes this year. Without any mistakes Red Bull would've had this tied up months ago.

Not just driver mistakes, without the technical issues such as the engine problems in Bahrain or Korea Vettel would have won the WDC in Brazil. Just from those two he'd have 38 more, Alonso would have 14 less.

Let's be straight here. All the 'main' drivers have been doing too many mistakes this year. Without any mistakes Red Bull would've had this tied up months ago.

By main drivers you mean Vettel and Webber? Cos everyone else would be called an "underdog" when compared to the RB6, and those if anything have been doing a good job at keeping up running with slower cars.

I feel dirty for saying this, but I think I would prefer Alonso to win out of the three likely contenders.

By main drivers you mean Vettel and Webber? Cos everyone else would be called an "underdog" when compared to the RB6, and those if anything have been doing a good job at keeping up running with slower cars.

I'm talking about driver and team mistakes. I'm not interested in the details. Yes, the RB6 has clearly been fastest all season long, which is why I said with no mistakes Red Bull would've had both championships wrapped up a long time ago.

Don't know who you consider to be the 'main' drivers but in my world they've been Vettel, Webber, Alonso, Hamilton and Button.

Last edited:
Well I'd consider Massa to be a main driver but he thoroughly disappointed me this year... And no, not everything can be blamed in Germany. Last race, his home race, he was struggling to get passed a Toro Rosso.

Massa hasn't done shit this year.

EDIT: Sieg.... oh wait.

Last edited:
Grammar Nazi says: hasn't

To add something useful, I don't consider Button to me the ''main driver''. He has been complainig about everything, when he wasn't doing well, and has been annihilated by his teammate this year...which is odd, considering all the hype from 2009...is it not?

Last edited:
Am I blushing?:blush::clap:

1) Pole and winner? vettel and vettel
2) Who will become WDC and how will the standings look after the race (top 4)? alonso and alonso, vettle, webber, lewis3) Will Red Bull lock out the front row again? yes
4) Any safety cars or race surprises? yes, webber DFN
5) Will the sand cause problems for the track? no
6) Which rookie has impressed you the most in 2010?
7) Which new team has impressed you the most in 2010?
8) Do you think Red Bull will carry the momentum and still have a dominant car in 2011? yes and a top 3 car next year
9) How do you think the new regulations will make the racing better or worse in 2011? a little better
10) Was Red Bull the deserving WCC? If not, who was? of course

all these arguments about the championship and the drivers issues, what we have to remind ourselves is "thats why the play the game". this means that whoever comes out on top is the champ because crashes and tech problems are part of racing. its the one that overcomes this and has the most success is who the champ is. for example, when someone says "if jones hadnt hit that crossbar then we would have scored the winning goal and beat you but you got lucky and you won because he hit it". well, this is my point, if he hadnt hit the cross bar then yes, the team would have won but he DID hit it so they lost. yes, webber did crash and red bull did screw up a few times but they still won the constructors, that makes them the best team this year.

back in '08 when Glock moved over for Hamilton to pass and Ham won the title, did that make him less of a champ? no. i know he wouldnt have won if he didnt pass glock but he DID pass glock. he is the champ.

do you guys see what im trying to explain?