Guests you'd like to see in Series 17

Or for something more current, Karen Gillian or Arthur Darvill?

I don't think there's a bib absorbent enough to catch the amount of drool that Clarkson would gush forth over Karen Gillian. She does have a fun interaction with Matt Smith in interviews and clips, though, so the two of them would be fun to have on the show.

Jamie Carragher - Would be so awesome to have Jezza interview him and try to understand his scouse ;)

I don't think there's a bib absorbent enough to catch the amount of drool that Clarkson would gush forth over Karen Gillian. She does have a fun interaction with Matt Smith in interviews and clips, though, so the two of them would be fun to have on the show.

Yeah, the two of them together would be fantastic. :)

Ken Block. He's been on the show multiple times before but he hasnt done an official lap.

Ken Block. He's been on the show multiple times before but he hasnt done an official lap.

I'd love to see it, but which board would he go on, and which car would he drive? He's not your normal celeb, so you can't really put him in the See Apostrophe Dee, and he's not an F1 driver, so unless they redefine the F1 board as "Professional Drivers", he can't go around in the Liana. Maybe they can get another Lacetti for him and start a new board.

10. Richard or Kyle Petty. Probably NASCAR's best-known family.
9. Sir Jackie Stewart. He taught James how to be fast; how will he do with the Cee-apostrophe-D?
8. Phillip Hammond. The current transport minister probably wants to air grievances about everyone calling him Hamster.
7. Jay Kay. He's probably declared war on The Bishop by now.
6. Lembit Opik. He might try claiming to be The Stig as a part-time job.
5. Ian Hislop. Audience members to have sharpened pencils at the ready.
4. Gillian Anderson. Because she wants a second chance.
3. The winner of the Top Gear 300. Because the F1 Board needs to become the Pro Drivers Board.
2. Oz Clarke. Jezza would probably want to dissect someone who would voluntarily sleep with James May.
1. Matt Smith. Though if Jezza starts musing about replacing the Cee-apostrophe-D, he'd be begging him not to.

Emma Watson
Rhona Mitra
Naomi Watts
Rowan Atkinson
Pierce Brosnan
Hugh Laurie
Jodie Kidd
Judi Dench
Sacha Baron Cohen

I'd love to see [Ken Block], but which board would he go on, and which car would he drive? He's not your normal celeb, so you can't really put him in the See Apostrophe Dee, and he's not an F1 driver, so unless they redefine the F1 board as "Professional Drivers", he can't go around in the Liana. Maybe they can get another Lacetti for him and start a new board.

I've said a few times they should expand the F1 board to include other racing drivers. *cough*anyoftheBTCCguys*cough* I'm saying it again. :nod:

Jodie Kidd

I'm a bit surprised she didn't come back when they switched to the Lacetti. Would definitely like to see her have another go, too.

I've said a few times they should expand the F1 board to include other racing drivers. *cough*anyoftheBTCCguys*cough* I'm saying it again. :nod:

Agreed, but I think as long as Baked Potato is in BTCC, they regard that as Fifth Gear's patch and stay off out of professional courtesy.

The acid test for them would be if they can get Sebastian Vettel. That may be the breakthrough needed to change that board.

Chairman of the Morris Marina Owners Club Andrew Walsingham. Its the 40th anniversary of the Marina launch in 2011.

me.jpg

Last edited: