FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
[obligatory '7am waking up in the morning'], etc.

[obligatory '7am waking up in the morning'], etc.
an obscure band long before the facetubes were invented said:
It's 5 o'clock in the morning
You're lying in your bed
You wonder why it's not morning in your head
The day is open for business
But still your eyes are closed
You spread your dreams
Like butter on your toast
Open all the windows
And we're rolling up the blinds
All across the world
Are people wiping sleep from tired eyes
The faces on the curtains
All the Jekylls and the Hydes are gone
It's 6 o'clock in the morning
You're only half awake
The other half is shaving
And the toothpaste like a snake
Has slithered out the door of the bathroom
And it's hissing in your ear
Get up, get out, get out of here
The sound of people being people
Slowly fills the air
And all the crazy things they do
To get from here to there
And when the one you're holding
Runs her fingers through your hair
You're on
Shifting through the gears
It's 8 o'clock in the morning
It's been 8 o'clock for years
The factory gates are opening
To let the night shift out
And the day shift in
It's 9 o'clock in the morning
You've been this way before
But something seems to be different
And you can't quite put your finger on it at all
So long before the Interwebs actually, one of the artist's first name is "Lol".

Last edited:
Well, fret no more. The roadbook for the Epic Drive has been finalized. It will be available in dead tree and as pdf for those who prefer it. This year it's not just a google maps printout, so ambiguous instructions will be a thing of the past. So even Kip` and MXM stand a chance of not getting lost.

Last edited:
Just ordered a Data Sim card for a hotspot (5? per day (accepting donations ;)) but 2gb until throttle to ISDN speed), hopefully it arrives on time for Ringmeet :/

Got a call from the garage - the exhaust arrived and will be put under the car tomorrow morning!

Just ordered a Data Sim card for a hotspot (5? per day (accepting donations ;)) but 2gb until throttle to ISDN speed), hopefully it arrives on time for Ringmeet :/

That's a good deal, I get 30MB for that price. :|

Are you living on your own? I'd tell my parents to find somebody else when i planned it ages ago, and they're going away on short notice.

Maybe I could join the Ruhrkonvoi as well, but that depends on when I can pick Der Stig up in Bonn. Would also probably mean that I'd have to split off there...

I have a SIM with 500MB/day for 2,50?/day or max. 25?/month. Just need to get my tablets 3g working.

You do that, for emergencies we can use my phone as Hotspot too. My data card is for calendar days, not 24h, so if it arrives on time I would cover Saturday 00:01am till Sunday 23:59 :) at campsite (craptop has no working battery)

Good thing you're headed for LHR and not Germany :lol: our flight controllers will be on strike from 6am tomorrow local time.

OK, let's try this one more time... After missing our connection last night, we're trying again. Checked in for VIR12 tonight. We've got our seat assignments, we're through security, and enjoying the upper class lounge with plenty of time to spare.

virginclub.JPG

Does anyone else thinks mentioning upper class twice qualifies for buying beer for everyone else? :p

No, because I don't want beer.

@Nugget/equi: I think its ok that you lost a day of London. News are its burning down right now anyway.. :mrgreen:.

Obvious Python post:

Status
Not open for further replies.