The 2020 elections, news, and discussions

The big question is not whether he accidentally got in the wrong lane (which is hard to believe considering how well signed things are for the last US exit at any port of entry), but why he had undelivered mail in his trunk in the first place - especially ballots, regardless of how many there were.

https://abc3340.com/amp/news/local/...bout-biden-voters-put-a-bullet-in-their-skull

Alabama police captain on social media about Biden voters: "Put a bullet in their skull" Mayor states that the captain has been warned before and put on administrative leave for similar behavior, but he legally could not be fired.

--
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...details-alleged-harassment-assault-from-trump

Florida poll worker details alleged harassment, assault from Trump supporters: 'We were in a war zone'
(autoplay warning)

--
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...porter-gun-north-carolina-polls-b1570939.html

Armed man in Trump hat arrested outside North Carolina polls.

Last edited:

Trump’s Tweeting Isn’t Crazy. It’s Strategic, Typos and All.​

A network of right-wing operatives and activists — and the president himself — spread disinformation about Joe Biden with one simple hashtag.
At 2:32 a.m., he told his 87.3 million Twitter followers: “Way ahead in Texas! Watch the Great Red Wave!”

Minutes later, he tweeted the hashtag #BidenCrimeFamiily, with a typo in the word “family.” That was it. No context, no link.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/05/opinion/trump-twitter-biden-misinformation.html

Philadelphia Police investigating alleged plot to attack Pennsylvania convention center where votes are being counted.

https://6abc.com/amp/7689932/

I've been reading the Twitter accounts of election analysts all day. Here's what they think the state of play is right now if anyone's interested:

Arizona: They all agree that Fox & AP's decision to call Arizona was a mistake. Trump's catching fast, but not by enough according to their estimations. Still leaning towards Biden, but far from certain.

Pennsylvania: Biden's pretty much guaranteed to overtake Trump at some point, with some margin left to spare. They think a call will likely come once Biden takes the lead.

Nevada: Trump has no chance. All the remaining votes are heavily Democratic. 90% mail-in ballots from Clark County (aka Las Vegas).

Georgia: Biden's looking likely to take the lead, but the margin will be in recount territory. They'll still have to count provisional ballots and military/overseas ballots afterwards. This one won't be called for a few more days.

North Carolina: Probably going to Trump. Though they have just increased the estimates for the amount of outstanding votes left, which makes it a (little) bit easier for Biden.

So we're looking at somewhere in the region of 279-306 electoral votes here.

One other thing I'll say on an election analysis-y note (because I've been so engaged with this election that it's turned me into a political science nerd) is that the polling errors this year have been really... weird. It's not like in 2016 where at least they had patterns that made sense - this year, they've just been all over the place. The polls got Minnesota right but not Michigan or Wisconsin, they got Georgia right but not South Carolina or Florida, that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Biden overtakes Trump in Georgia, continues to close in Pennsylvania.

Remember how I said Trump was a Narcissistic Personality Disorder? He's going to fly into a Narcissistic Rage that will last for months. Buckle up, because the last 4 years are going to be nothing compared to the next 3 months.

^ Agreed.

If he loses (I think he will, but I have to wait for the official news to have this become a certainty), he will not accept it, and he will make those three months terrible to those who will have to transfer all the powers and knowledges.

In case this should happen, let's just hope he will be alone in his delusions, and will not have other people supporting them.

I am not an American and thus not really 100% qualified to comment on this whole malarkey... But what the hell is going on here?

People who believe that Trump is their new messiah.

And my parents wondered why I turned my back on religion...

Regarding Trump's behavior lately, I think CNN's Anderson Cooper summed it up pretty well here:

Sorry to double post, but I had a thought.

It's obvious that the mail-in voting has really helped the Democrats. Therefor, they really need to work on making that a nearly universal deal for all 50 states. Even though my polling station is only half a mile away, I would have preferred to vote by mail.

Biden has pulled ahead in both Georgia and Pennsylvania by narrow margins.

Sorry to double post, but I had a thought.

It's obvious that the mail-in voting has really helped the Democrats. Therefor, they really need to work on making that a nearly universal deal for all 50 states. Even though my polling station is only half a mile away, I would have preferred to vote by mail.
It's only helped Democrats this year because Trump's attacks on it have turned Republicans away from using it (and towards in-person voting). Normally, it doesn't benefit either party.

However - I agree on principle with anything that makes it easier for people to vote. Woo democracy \o/

Last edited:
Biden has pulled ahead in both Georgia and Pennsylvania by narrow margins.
I hate to admit this, but I broke down and voted for Biden after Trump got corona virus. I guess some other Georgians must have felt the same way. I am not and will not be a fan of Biden, who I view as being anti-progressive. I am glad that he is in the lead, though.

I hate to admit this, but I broke down and voted for Biden after Trump got corona virus. I guess some other Georgians must have felt the same way. I am not and will not be a fan of Biden, who I view as being anti-progressive. I am glad that he is in the lead, though.
Biden is perfect to maintain the democratic status quo and nothing more. He's not the savior of the country people seem to think he is. I'd like to be surprised, but I don't see major changes. :/