I just played with Windows Vista RTM

I seriously doubt that it would switch off your video outputs, it's hard finding balanced viewpoints on microsoft products because you always seem to get the same tired old tard preaching garbage because well it's cool to hate microsoft.

They have made it too easy on the haters in the past tho... But some people just keep dwelling on those mistakes "I hate M$ because Win95 sucked" come on, it's 2006, get over it already.

I cannot say i am a Microsoft lover either, but they've made some great improvements over the last few years.

Sry...:p
I'm just always annoyed when MS Software or Software in generel requires Windows XP with SP2...
And since I'm not going to install SP2 just to see if Vista COULD run on my machine, I can't be bothered... :)

is there a place where you can optian this ? (pm only plz dont want you to get into crap)

I'v got all the rc's and beta and bvista is good...

Looking forward to it

i'm looking forward to vista. i tried the beta version but that messed up my HDD and i needed a new one so i'll wait until it's out and works well.

how will it run on my PC? (broke it at the moment, think it's the motherboard [asrock :(]

AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+
2Gb DDR400 RAM
320Gb SATA Seagate HDD
ATI radeon 9250 (will upgrade for new motherboard, damn AGP)

i like the sound of the new features, and it's compatible with my 360 according to PC Pro mag

I seriously doubt that it would switch off your video outputs
You underestimate how stupid and anti-consumer the MPAA is...

And Microsoft is just as bad for bending over and taking it from them. I would have really liked for them to tell the MPAA (and the RIAA, while we're on the subject) to screw off and stop messing with Microsoft's customers.

My teacher was trying to show us a video in class last week and he couldn't. His laptop would not play the DVD because it recognized that the laptop was connected to an external source, which in this case was two projectors.

I don't know if in this case it was the DVD or the software or the hardware that was doing it... but it sure is possible.

Even your vidcard is sufficient (128MB DX9)

actually my card is the 256Mb version :cool:

think i've found out what was stopping my PC from booting XP, the motherboard. won't boot linux live cd or another HDD from a working PC. just keeps rebooting. will get in touch with Overclockers UK for a refund. gives me a good excuse to upgrade my graphics too:mrgreen: