The "New Toys" Thread

HHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHH

gold

on a side note, I love the fairly recent sony eriscsons, I've got a w800i and it's great. 2mpx autofocus

Nice choise, I've had my k800i since august and I just love it :D

My sister has both K800i and Nokia N73, but she finds the N73 a bit more user friendly than the Sony-Ericsson. She said only the camera in the K800i is good, but otherwise the menu and functions are hard to understand :?

Your sister is not Asian, and still has two phones with equal functionality?

I'll never understand humanity.

I'm expecting my new vidcard tomorrow or early next week (XFX GeForce 7950GT XXX edition) and my GF is picking up a new mouse for me today (Logitech MX Revolution). Will post pics as soon as i have them.

Vidcard got delivered when i wasn't home, so i'll have to wait till tuesday (at work tomorrow so i won't be able to collect, need to get it from the postoffice). And decided to get my mouse though my brother in law (he works at a pc wholesale company) which saves me 25 euros....

http://img47.imageshack.**/img47/379/hq910052webimagefullsizly6.jpg

Goooooo impulse buys! :D

I've always loved these and finally decided to spoil myself with one. It's a Phillishave SmartTouch-XL HQ9100. This thing is friggin' sweet, such a nice shave.

i just got me a Dell Axim x51v refurb.... and i bought tomtom navigator to go with it....640x480 on a PDA is the way imo. and its got intel GMA2700 graphics with 16mb of VRAM. BOOYEAH!

that chip makes playing back divx and other mp4 files superb. can de-interlace and all that shiznit

some other toys i purchased in the past months

Sony K800i

a power ball!

sony head unit for my car with a line in on the front

LED rear light bulbs for my car.... LED lights, stock lenses :) they are really cool, nice intense pure red and they light up instantly too. Filaments FTL, LED FTW! they were ?24.99 though...for two! each has about 21 hi-powered LED's. i am gonna get the indicators next, but they are slightly more complicated as you have to fit additional resistors as well so it doesnt fuck the timing cicuit for the indicators. also need to replace the bulbs in the high level break light with LED's too

OSRAM silverstars (americans wait.... i know the silverstars in the US suck the large one, but the euro OSRAMS have a different xenon gas mix etc etc....tied in autoexpress bulb test with the phillips vision plus bulbs)

oh yeah.... Xbox360 (used of ebay with every cable under the sun, 4 games, 2 pads and a play an charge kit for ?300)

future purchases include

an alarm for my car, one that will operate the door locks

a 20 inch fully loaded iMac + 20 inch HDTV/ 20 inch monitor to go with it so i can dual screen and play my 360.

I also bought a Ferrari, a Lambo and Zonda, but I don't have the PICTURES!

I also bought a Ferrari, a Lambo and Zonda, but I don't have the PICTURES!

just for you buba

the 360
Picture%20001.jpg

K800i
Picture%20003.jpg

Axim x51v (tomtom installed :D)
Picture%20004.jpg

POWERBALL! AMAZUNG!
Picture%20007.jpg

jerky shot of head unit
Picture%20037.jpg

i spend too much money for a student :( working at corus on a placement....pay is pretty good, but i guess the real reason i have so much of it left to spend is because i live at home while im workin (no rent or food or bills FTW!)

also shopping smart, all of the above were ebay purchases, the 360 was a great deal considering that if i bought all the kit that came with it new it would of went past nearly ?550-600. the Axim was a refurb off ebay, much less than a new one. powerball was a couple of quid cheaper than retail, and the sony head unit i got for ?50 cheaper than retail brand spanking new....no internet retailers could match it either.

K800i is on orange though ?30 a month :| 200 x net mins, 1000 texts and 100 landline mins. but with magic numbers i barely touch the 200mins and ill never get through 1000 texts.

Last edited:
gah the i put full 5mp images up there lol!

and you could read my mobile number off the Axim... not sure if u still can, its abit too small to properly make the numbers out

07973278344, right? ;-)

Anyway, very nice collection of goodies. I'm a student too and I work in the weekends, so I have the same "advantage". However, since I now have almost everyting what I want which is a bit reasonable (no projector nor ?1000 hifi, for example), I am beginning to see how much I wasted my money on useless stuff :). So I'm starting to save a little, you never know what it might be handy for (first car? first furniture in own apartment? intercontinental journey?).

Student here as well... But I don't work. Too much stress at Uni. For the first time now, I'm happy with all the equipment I gathered over the last years. So happy in fact that I don't have any idea of what to wish for for christmas!

Student here as well... But I don't work. Too much stress at Uni. For the first time now, I'm happy with all the equipment I gathered over the last years. So happy in fact that I don't have any idea of what to wish for for christmas!

same here

and now that i have money this year im spending alot on my immediate family. got some cracking gifts lined up. got my dad a Garmin Edge 205 becuase hes a mad keen cyclist!

07973278344, right? ;-)

Anyway, very nice collection of goodies. I'm a student too and I work in the weekends, so I have the same "advantage". However, since I now have almost everyting what I want which is a bit reasonable (no projector nor ?1000 hifi, for example), I am beginning to see how much I wasted my money on useless stuff :). So I'm starting to save a little, you never know what it might be handy for (first car? first furniture in own apartment? intercontinental journey?).

im still paying my car off, i think it was a good buy though, 02 focus 1.4 for ?4k with less than 40k on the clock, ford dealers had similar cars if not older, higher milage ones for over 6k. its not my first car, its my second, but it is the first one i have paid for myself.

i guess im super lucky, my dad has a great job and he likes to help me and my bro out with money all the time, he always complains about spending money, but he definately enjoys being able to do so. he actually lent me the money to pay for the car (private buy so had to pony it all up at once) but i've nearly paid him back now. by jan ill be free.

i cant wait to graduate, hopefully a masters in mechanical engineering from a top uni will enable me to earn a good living and i look forward to spoiling my mum n dad in their old age

same here

and now that i have money this year im spending alot on my immediate family. got some cracking gifts lined up. got my dad a Garmin Edge 205 becuase hes a mad keen cyclist!

I'm proud as well to have bought a 200 Euro mp3 player for my GF... Parents are more difficult, though... Still have no idea what to give them...

GPS is a very nice gift! Everybody buy expensive stuff for your family, it helps the economy!!!

I'm such a cheap bastard. I still don't get anyone gifts. :lol: :(

Everybody buy expensive stuff for your family, it helps the economy!!!

I bought another Philips shaver for my dad (the same one I bought for myself; I made a post a while back)........somehow he figured it out, and he's been mumbling about how much money I've wasted on his gift!!