First Veyron Crash!

Well that's one less Veyron for Top Gear to put around their track.

and ill take this oppertunity to second the idea that there should be an advanced driving test. 1000bhp is alot of power, to think you can handle that with your DVLA licence is a joke and a half.
X3. You need extra training and a high powered rating to fly a plane with more than 250hp. The same should go for really powerful cars and motorcycles.

If it can be, chances are the insurance people are going to be cocks about paying out anyway. Anyone who's had an accident probably knows how most insurance company's don't wan't to pay anyone.
Agreed. I get the feeling that insurance companies are really only out to protect themselves and their money.

On a side note, it looks like this one was crashed by a mistake/bad road conditions and not blatant stupidity like so many other nice cars. That makes it somewhat bearable.

I should've made him an offer for it.

Five pounds?

What a fool, that's as expensive as me crashing my house into a ditch one and a half times.

"Your driving skill does not increase according to the size of your wallet" :lol:

Who else read the title and the thought, "Please let it be Tom Cruise, PLEASE let it be Tom Cruise..." popped into their heads?

Who else read the title and the thought, "Please let it be Tom Cruise, PLEASE let it be Tom Cruise..." popped into their heads?

Tom Cruise was in a 4g inverted dive with a MiG-28... I think he can keep his all wheel drive VW in a straight line. :rolleyes:

:p

I bet it's prince Naseem. He's always first to crash anything. He would've crashed the Wright Flyer given the chance.

Agreed. I get the feeling that insurance companies are really only out to protect themselves and their money.

insurrance companies are founded to make money, not to protect the people

vomit

0,,2007101221,00.jpg

Ugh.

Bad weather or not, you don't do 100mph in the fucking rain, you dumb c**t. Imagine if he had killed that pregnant lady, the guilt he'd have to live with because he wanted to be BAD TO THE BONE in his hugely fast expensive car.

Don't get me wrong: If I had a hugely fast expensive car, I'd drive it fast all the time. I wouldn't be doing 100 in the wet in public, though: that's common sense, not me being all morally superior or whatnot.

Don't get me wrong: If I had a hugely fast expensive car, I'd drive it fast all the time. I wouldn't be doing 100 in the wet in public, though: that's common sense, not me being all morally superior or whatnot.

I think you would, in a Veyron its just a little tap on the throttle, and 100 isn't THAT fast really. Of course it wasn't a smart thing to do, but I think things like that can happen to almost anyone, only most of the time they remain unnoticed because its an Opel Corsa crashing into a tree.

here are some more images, the other side of the car look worse !

_42647245_bugattiwide2_416.jpg

_42647255_bugattibrothers2_416.jpg

_42647261_bugattifront2_416.jpg

_42647269_bugattiside2_416.jpg

_42647271_bugatti2mechanic.jpg

Yesterday insurance assessors began working out whether the hand-built French motor was repairable ? or the most exclusive write-off on the planet!!!!!

The witness said the ?fed-up? driver and passenger were staring at the Bugatti when a third man drove up in a 4x4 and started raging at them. The Bugatti is owned by a businessman in his 40s who runs a car hire and management company with his brothers.

Outside their home yesterday a man claimed he had rented it to the driver for ?20,000 a day and that it was bought for ?925,000 ? more than the list price. Nick Lancaster, Chief Executive of dealers HR Owen which sold the motor, said: ?It is the first Veyron I have heard of being damaged. We cannot say yet whether it is written off or not.?

0,,2007101238,00.jpg

Last edited:
I bet it's prince Naseem. He's always first to crash anything. He would've crashed the Wright Flyer given the chance.

hes been banned from driving for 4 years so think before u speak mate

It was just on BBC news, theres 12 Veyrons in the UK.

In the pic theirs 2 asian guys... i wonder if its the CCX guy from Gumball?

You could be onto something there, the crash was just a couple of miles from Shepperton Studios, Surrey (
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&h...51.398028,-0.48357&spn=0.035557,0.076904&om=1) where they filmed films like Alien (1979), Gandhi (1982), Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994) and Hannibal Rising (2007).

Though to be honest it looks like a couple of young Asian lads who's parents have got to much cash.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/surrey/6422215.stm

bbc new coverage on the wbesite

apparently he hit a van

Rare Bugatti crashes into trees

Picture of crashed Bugatti contributed by Chris Brightwell

Click here to see eyewitness pictures
A car worth more than ?800,000 was involved in a collision with a van before crashing into trees.

The accident occurred in heavy rain on a 40mph section of Renfree Way, Shepperton, Surrey, on Sunday.

The rare Bugatti Veyron collided with a Vauxhall Astra van carrying a pregnant woman, who was taken to hospital as a precaution but later went home.

No one else was hurt but police have reported the Bugatti driver for driving without due care and attention.

Surrey Police said the luxury car was driven by a man who had a male passenger with him.

A man and a woman were travelling in the Astra.

The accident occurred at 1440 GMT and the road was closed until 1630 GMT.

The eight-litre, hand-crafted Veyron has a top speed in excess of 250mph.

The 1,000 horsepower Bugatti can accelerate from 0 to 60mph in 2.5 seconds.

heh two blokes in a 1000bhp hyper car.... i wonder what he said just before crashing lol and he was seriously lucky there, if he'd of killed the mother or her baby or both id imagin hed be in some seriously deep shit. no amount of compensation replaces an un-born child.

it was a 40mph zone too so i doubt theres anyway a car like that lost control at that speed, he had to of been speeding

Last edited: