• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Rather than sticking them all in the same big ass long thread, what about making a new section and every sighting gets it's own thread? That way it's easier to see what's new at a glance (rather than digging through a long thread) and easier to keep discussion in one place.

Unless anyone has some valid objections, I think I'll do that.

So much easier with vB having subforums. ^_^

Agreed. I'm thinking exactly like the current thread format, just divided out into multiple threads rather than one big thread. Basically to make it easier to read and see what's new. Pictures would still be required. :)

Wonderful. An area with hundreds of threads that all get a max. of 1 -3 answers basically saying "nice spot" or "great car, wish it were mine" in 95% of the time.

I'd opt for leaving it as it is.

Wonderful. An area with hundreds of threads that all get a max. of 1 -3 answers basically saying "nice spot" or "great car, wish it were mine" in 95% of the time.

I'd opt for leaving it as it is.

:+1:

Screw it, I went ahead and made the new section anyway: http://forums.finalgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62

I left the old thread open and stickied though for the crappy cell phone photos or the single car sightings. No need for a thread of each of those kind of sightings.

However, now we'll have a better place for autoshows, car meets, etc.

I guess it's too late but I'm with mautzel... the nature of the pics seems more suited to a single thread in my mind.

Still, good work Viper.

on one level i think it's a good idea

on the other hand i'm afraid that if we will select "new posts", we'll get 4 pages with new threads from the i saw section

now i check it caus it's all together
but i don't think i will open all those individual threads

my 2 cents...

EDIT: just read the introduction thread for the section - fine by me :) (like anyone actually cares :p)

Last edited:
the nature of the pics seems more suited to a single thread in my mind.

Agreed, the majority of photos will best be left to the original thread.

However, some photos are just "wow!" and deserve their own thread for discussion rather than taking up multiple pages of the original thread.

Ideally, discussion and navigation will be a lot easier this way. :)

And don't forget, I can always merge in threads that don't deserve to be a thread into the original, big thread. ;)

Uh, it is in the database, but it doesn't show up in the AdminCP, and I cant view it manually.. working on it to see what the issue is.

I clicked "Reset" on the permissions for it. Can you see it now?

I've been able to see it since the forums came back up this morning.

True, but forums inherently aren't democratic. They're usually run by one or two people, and not for commercial reasons. But so far as forums go Viper and the mods here are pretty lenient and helpful. Show me a forum that is more 'democratic' please... :rolleyes:

this never has been a domecratic forum :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The vote shows a clear 5 against 3 majority for making a new forum section, so the vote has consequently been transferred according to the majority opinion on this board. :mrgreen:

True, but forums inherently aren't democratic. They're usually run by one or two people, and not for commercial reasons. But so far as forums go Viper and the mods here are pretty lenient and helpful. Show me a forum that is more 'democratic' please... :rolleyes:

I think you get my point without me pointing out another democratic forum. I just feel that forum users in general would be more satisfied when they are heard, especially when the admin asks the forum what they would like. It wasn't taken into consideration. Never has either I'm afraid, and I've been here for some time now.

The vote shows a clear 5 against 3 majority for making a new forum section, so the vote has consequently been transferred according to the majority opinion on this board. :mrgreen:

But that wasn't taken into consideration, when it's said "but I'm doing it anyways".... even if there was 10 to 1 it would have been done Vipers way.

Who the fuck cares?

This thread is old and irrelevant now. I simply made the poll to see what the general reaction to the idea was. Even if the idea got shot down, it's still my forum and I frankly do as I please.

I simply ask for input as you guys are the reason this forum is popular and I care what you think.

Now let's move on. This thread has no purpose. :lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.