INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Well, I dunno if anyone keeps track of all 60 pages on this thread, but here goes...

Been watching Top Gear since I've first been exposed to it when they played it on Discovery last year (maybe longer now?) I stumbled across finalgear.com searching to download episodes, because I was hooked. I currently have every episode since the 1 hour reformat, and just noticed the new Polar Challenge episode in HD, so I just watched my first TG in HD! Hopefully it's a sign of more HD torrents in the future...? Well, just decided to sign up to the forums and keep up to date with my long time favorite show, Top Gear.

:welcome:

You are definitely posting pictures of your Cobra and specs in the Post Your Car section :).

Hey everyone I'm Roger,

Currently living in southern Sydney, Australia and have done most of my life.

My interests include Brute racing "thats Aussie V8 utes" and playing Forza 2,

Have given up watching TV as the ads have ruined the whole thing, even the mighty Top Gear has been chopped to about 40 minutes once the ads get thrown in, if any of you wish to complain to our local TG broadcaster it's SBS, I won't give their email adress here as I'd hate to be the one responsible for any nasty hate mail.

Hi there, I'm Jason from Australia. I should be doing a Uni assignment, but want to play Target in the arcade! First i need to post, so here it is. I'm glad 5th gear starts again in 6 hours.

Hi all, im Janik from Minnesota USOfA. I love watchin top gear and this is probably my third account on this site haha.

So im not that new.

I have a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ with a lot of mods on it (its not slow, and its not rubbish so get that out of your head) and my interests include diecast car collecting and modding my car and all sorts of car stuff.

So hey again! lol

Aussies are forbidden from now on. They are like little rabbits, springing up everywhere.

Hi there, or Servus,
I'm from Munich Germany, currently writing my diploma thesis to conclude my studies of computer science at the local UAS.
I'm a member of our Formula Student racing team.
Intrests include cycling, photography, and sim-racing.

I'm more of a TopGear guy, though I quite like how Fifth Gear is developing recently, I might even stop calling it the "emergengcy programme".

Cheers!

Guten Tag screwdriver :).

Hi Everyone - I'm Andrew from the UK - i've known of the site since it had the (slightly more) obscure viper007bond name, stumbled across it looking for episodes of Top Gear to download - as i'm sure many others have, however never really got round to joining the forums..

After all the donation stuff for Hammond happened and seeing bits about the FinalGear community everywhere i finally decided to join the forums and at least attempt to give something back after years of using the torrents, and if not then just join in with discussion, etc.
Definately more of a TG person - I've always seen FG as a big rip-off really..

Also, I don't have a car though my test is in 2 days and i'd actually quite enjoy joining in some of the meets if there are anymore - that's if i'm not fed up with driving by then.. (and i can borrow the car for the day) :p

See ya around :)

i've known of the site since it had the (slightly more) obscure viper007bond name, stumbled across it looking for episodes of Top Gear to download - as i'm sure many others have

That sounds awfully familiar :mrgreen:

Hey everyone, I'm new here.. I was following the great FinalGear.com for a long time but never had the chance to join the forum.. so just wanted to know everyone and say Hi :)

:welcome: RoCkStaR.

I'll intro myself again. Been around for quite a while, but not such a regular poster. Great to see how the site has grown.

Richmond, Virginia in the house.

Hey guyz 8)

Lol missed this thread.

Mischief007: +1 aussie count, but then im worth it.

Hey guyz 8)

Lol missed this thread.

Mischief007: +1 aussie count, but then im worth it.

Are you Aussies really that bored down there? :p

:welcome: to the above two.

*De-lurks*

Hi there, been lurking for about a month now and thought I should have some manners and introduce myself. Dublin, Ireland representin' here, I found Finalgear.com on my travels through Google surfing for Top Gear info. Must admit to being a bit more of a fan of the entertainment aspect of the show rather than an actual car buff (I drive a Yaris, for the love of God..), but always enjoy the boy's sometimes slightly wacky reviews while still getting the actual info about the car across to the consumer. I've spent some time surfing around the threads here, and get the impression that you don't suffer fools gladly and prefer to keep the discussions a step or two above fangirly, so I shall respect that and keep my James May crush to myself. (yep, I'm female:p)

Oh and one more thing...the presenters are oft described in the press as "middle aged". Hammond is only 37!!! Since when has that been middle aged? Should I be worried?? I'm only a few years younger than him, and I still consider myself young....as for Clarkson and May, they're not so much middle-aged as " in the prime of their lives". Has the world gone mad, or is it just me who finds this slightly odd??

*seriously considers sporting beads, tan and and a dodgy new 'do, while going shopping for a new sportscar and some Botox.*

:welcome: everyone

so I shall respect that and keep my James May crush to myself. (yep, I'm female:p)

:lol: ad yourself to the 'not a dude' group and get a title and a fancy pink name ;)