User Reputation Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess some people on here are used to it from other boards. Especially some china mobile phone site I used to visit was going crazy over this. Every post with ANYTHING usefull ended with "if I was able to help you pls gimme rep".

Viper, just leave it, enable neg rep as well, IMHO. We always wanted something to tell the n00bs a bit about how things work around here. A funny reply followed ba a :lock: wasn't enough in some cases, this might help...

As for Quicky: He does tons of locks on random stuff, and the oldies are liking it, I guess...
Viper: You gotta add the rep from the Bot to yours...

That's what you get for calling No Boss's girlfriend ugly. :p

I didn't. :p I actually find her rather attractive..

I'm on to joo medder feckers....

http://img254.imageshack.**/img254/2456/thebiglebowskijesusrp9.jpg

Mark me down for one that liked the neg rep option ONLY for really immature, ignorant posts. The whole deal that happened with the picture was stupid. It wasn't the neg rep, it was what was written about the picture that upset me most. But a big Thank You to Viper for taking care of the individual.

/Gave you a +1 for it. :D

If we so much as look at settings, y'all complain about it.

If someone with a an already negative reputation keeps getting more neg reps, will they accumulate multiple red boxes?

I'd like to think someone possible of that would probably get banned, but I was just curious.

If someone with a an already negative reputation keeps getting more neg reps, will they accumulate multiple red boxes?

I'd like to think someone possible of that would probably get banned, but I was just curious.

Yes, and yes.

Ah crap. Can I trade hugs for positive rep? I prefer a non-banned status, I like it here.

I'm jumping on the bandwagon for the negative rep supporters. I got a negative rep for a "bs post" in a topic that by that point was already getting silly. I'm almost certain I know who gave me the rep but I don't care. I didn't negative rep him back. Some people are taking it way too seriously and personally.

Neg rep is already back. ;)

I'm jumping on the bandwagon for the negative rep supporters. I got a negative rep for a "bs post" in a topic that by that point was already getting silly. I'm almost certain I know who gave me the rep but I don't care. I didn't negative rep him back. Some people are taking it way too seriously and personally.

It was for -2, and it was deserved imo. The positive reps you get are between 6 and 14 each, so you shouldn't be complaining.

^There isn't even a guideline of when to give good rep and bad rep... so how do we know what we're saying would deserve a bad rep? Maybe you could actually post a sticky on what you think of when to give Good Reps and when to give Negative reps and we can follow that? Then no one can complain about why they got Negative Reps unfairly.

Eh? I never said I was complaining about my negative rep. I was complaining about the people who cry like little girls when they get a negative. If those people would make more good posts then (in most cases) they wouldn't have to worry about a random negative.

I've just realized another cool thing about the reputation feature: it's like a personal hall of fame. Awesome! 8)

One thing that annoys me is having to "spread reputation around to other users". There are a handful of people I've been wanting to give positive rep to but the system won't let me.

I've just realized another cool thing about the reputation feature: it's like a personal hall of fame. Awesome! 8)

One thing that annoys me is having to "spread reputation around to other users". There are a handful of people I've been wanting to give positive rep to but the system won't let me.

Personal Hall of Fame? You mean like you get linked to the post that was repped? Cause I always thought that was helpful.

"Spread the Rep." is annoying on one level but I understand it really just keeps everything fair.

Shouldn't take the rep system seriously, there is always going to be someone giving neg rep for dumb stuff.

I think this system is working very well. Sure, we all know each other, but for the newcomers, they can view the bullshitters versus the outstanding members.

^ eyy! +1!!!

Reactions: Jay
Are the gray reps I got gonna unfreeze and get me later on?

Are the gray reps I got gonna unfreeze and get me later on?

Is there any text next to the gray reps? Because I think you have to provide text for a negative rep.
I know I have a couple gray bars, but neither of them have any text.

^ Oh yeah, that's a good point... none of the grays I have got comments. But maybe you can't see any comments until the rep actually counts for something?

Status
Not open for further replies.