My last day here.... for the time being

Here's an update on how it's all going.

Left Australia two weeks ago. Took 35 hours to get to Aberdeen. My gorgeous girlfriend met me at the airport, lucky me!!

Have spent two weeks being a tourist, as planned, and now Im focussing on finding a flat and a job.

Weather has been cold. Seen snow showers twice. Lowest it got was -1, but it stays around 5 degrees during the day. Im still trying to get used to the fact that it gets pitch black around 4pm!!

I came up with a clever idea today. Im going to open an account at Abbey, and slowly drag Lewis Hamilton down that way!! Just hope he isnt on my bank card when I get one!!

If only I came on here the other day then I wouldnt have gone into a jewellers and seen Lewis on the wall and in the window. Im not worried though, next year when he stuffs up, they'll replace him with Jenson Button in the Ross Brawn Honda team. :)woot:)

Pubs, Food and Cider are great. I recommend Bulmers Cider to anyone!

Depending on when I get a room/flat, Im about 2-4 weeks away from permanent internet, so I'll keep lurking around when I get the chance, and will be back in full production soon.

:wave:

^Glad everything is going well HondaF1... I envy your 4pm pitch black weather.... don't like it here where I have to wait till 8pm for it to turn dark... feels so weird when I finish dinner or I'm heading for dinner and its still bright as hell.. :lol:

Good to hear things are going well. Good luck with the job hunt!

Dark at 4p.m? Lucky bastard.. We hardly get any sunlight..

Why do you guys like the dark so much, is it because you're all secretly vampires :razz:

just j/k

^Secretly? :evil:

Why do you guys like the dark so much, is it because you're all secretly vampires :razz:

just j/k
No; We're all just wretchedly hideous freaks that have been cast aside from normal society and forced to live in the shadows!

Unfortunately, there's no emoticon for that... but everybody loves a bunny! :bunny:

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN

HondaF1 has returned!

oh no

:p

Welcome back :D

Welcome back!

Sorry you've caught Scotland at it's worst - there is something hugely depressing about a day where it's almost pitch dark by about 4pm.

I am still trying to get used to it going dark at 4pm. Was in Glasgow last week for the Maroon 5 concert and it was dark at 4pm then the sun didnt rise til 9-930am.

Still waiting for snow. Have had some snow showers and saw some snow capped hills in the distance when I was in Perth.

Love being with my girlfriend again. Best decision I have ever made to move here, I dont miss Adelaide at all.

As for a car, Im going to wait until next year then hopefully buy a VW Golf :D

Take my advice, don't watch tonights Top Gear.

j/k Welcome back, man.

Take my advice, don't watch tonights Top Gear.

j/k Welcome back, man.

LEWIS... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Haha, he must have done bad if the rumour is he wants to come back and drive it in the dry. Can't handle losing Lewis??

As for a car, Im going to wait until next year then hopefully buy a VW Golf :D

Do you have to take a British driving test after a while or can you just swap your Ozzie licence?

Can swap it within a year as the rules are more or less the same. After a year, have to take that test.

As for my Lewis comment. How the hell did he do that lap??

Welcome back mate, good to have you back in the F1 forums (and generally). Good to hear all is going well in Scotland.