Random Thoughts....

You go to the competition, so you are probably good at it. Maybe it's worth traying. You don't have to talk with her ;)
But if you really don't want to go, just tell her. I can't imagine me to be forced to do something by teacher.

I don't like German too, but I try to learn it...

Well, let's say I'm better at German than at English, but that doesn't say much :D

You know, it's more complicated :D This is already the 2nd round of the competition, I went to the first round because we were supposed to get extra "points" for it if we do well which would count in our university entrance (this is a big "official" competition for all the high school students of the country)
But then they changed the system and we can't get anything for it, only those who finish in the top 10 which is impossible in my case :lol:

But I got into the 2nd round so how lame would it be if I didn't go? :)

Dell still hasn't shipped my external drives. :mad:

And she wants to talk to me in German the whole day.

Oh my God :blink::lol:

I really feel sorry for you :comfort: I luckily haven't spoken 10 words in german in over 5 years :D

And how will I explain it? :D

"I can't go to that competition"
"Why not?"
"Personal reasons."
"What are they"
"Personal."

Lather, rinse, repeat. Once you say it's personal that implies there is a reason (there is, you don't want to and don't like the teacher) and that it's none of the teacher's business (it's not).

End of conversation.

"I can't go to that competition"
"Why not?"
"Personal reasons."
"What are they"
"Personal."

Lather, rinse, repeat. Once you say it's personal that implies there is a reason (there is, you don't want to and don't like the teacher) and that it's none of the teacher's business (it's not).

End of conversation.

It's too late now, I guess, but I've already told her that I wouldn't go next year.
She was quite upset:lol:

I don't know about speaking English, but your writing seems competent.

Writing in a foreign language is always easier than speaking though, at least for me.

I don't know about speaking English, but your writing seems competent.
I'd say more than competent. For the most part if I hadn't read her threads about where she's from, I wouldn't have guessed that English wasn't her first language. Albeit, it would be a lazy first language, but still.

You've got a better grasp on the written language than many around here. And you're a whole lot better than many people I've done business with. How many languages total do you speak?

We've got our own, slightly smaller, version of the grounded ship that was in Australia last year. Cargo has been falling off it but stupid people have still been standing next to it for photos.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/05/RiverdanceHeli.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/05/RiverdancePara.jpg

(Photos by Gibbo on talkphotography.co.uk)

I have to write a short paper on William Tweed. I feel like I'm in grade school again.

He was a fat, greedy asshole. End of story.

I'm getting really pissed off at one of these Rob Riggle Budweiser commerical. The one where he says that Bud "Isn't heavy like an import", and then he points to a glass of Guiness. Well no shit that import is heavy :| Put a ****ing Heini, Kronen, or Becks up there. Heavy?! FFS. NOT ALL IMPORTS ARE HEAVY

You've got a better grasp on the written language than many around here. And you're a whole lot better than many people I've done business with. How many languages total do you speak?

You should clarify who you are asking this question to.

urgh on friday i'm off to the middle of nowhere* for a week and a bit with family stuff...

*Canberra

^ Fuck, it's like when I go to Austin to visit my relatives. Urgh, indeed. Family duties can by pretty sucky at times.

^ Fuck, it's like when I go to Austin to visit my relatives. Urgh, indeed. Family duties can by pretty sucky at times.

yeah but there is probably stuff to do in Austin, Canberra on the other hand...