The Return of AMC!

I think that retro Pacer is pretty cool actually.

Such a cruel joke. The idea that an American car company could start up without the baggage of the past, both UAW and incompetent management related, naturally got people excited. Chrysler will never let go of the AMC name so there is no way that even a personal investor will bring back the AMX like a Maros/TVR/Morgan-like manufacturer. Or, due to their economics, would they?

AMC is back with no imagination at all. The Javalin is a 1970 Firebird Trans-Am, the AMX Coupe is a new Camaro, the AMX4 is a BMW Z1 and the Pacer is just ugly.

So I was looking at the list of threads Guests are reading and found it funny how most of them have been dead for years. Randomly clicked on one and found myself here.

Sorry to dig up a grave, but those are just awesome and need to see the light of day one more time.

Holy Zombie thread Batman!

But yes... I remember reading this in a hotrod magasine and being so stoked! Then in tiny print and the end "april fools" I was so mad. Damn you HOTROD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recall reading it wonder the whole time "how can this be, chrysler never gave up the name, I'd have read about it on the internet far before hot rod magazine..."

i would have a Ambassador every day of my life

What? This kind?
Hindustan_Motors_Ambassador_Avigo_4281.jpg

Hmmm, Since Fiat is buying Chyrsler and they own all the rights to AMC..........