Random Thoughts....

Holy crap. I have 2 green blobbies now. My rep went up about 5 blobs in less than a week. Wow. Thanks to everyone who repped me up. Next step, challenge No Boss for rep supremacy (I know it won't ever happen Richard).

Fucking bastards. My insurance would only insure me if I cancelled my existing policy and then started a new one. That would mean I would lose my NCB which I'm not prepared to do with only a few months left on the policy. Bye bye Bandit :cry:

I'm not sure how insurance works in the UK but if they said that to me I'd tell them to go ahead and cancel my policy because I'm switching to another company. I would think they'd be a little more accommodating after hearing that.

/hates insurance companies to no end

Insurance is hell over here. It's monopolized by ICBC, which is wholly owned by the BC government. :mad:

Oh and what a dumb logo might I add:

Logo_icbc.gif

I did a search on google images for "cheese anger" I was not impressed.

Insurance is retarded, I looked to insure a x5 sports diesel for someone like my dad is AU$757 a year to an agreed value of AU$110,000 and through them for the integra for me it is $2600 for an agreed value of $6500

yay....

Insurance is retarded, I looked to insure a x5 sports diesel for someone like my dad is AU$757 a year to an agreed value of AU$110,000 and through them for the integra for me it is $2600 for an agreed value of $6500

Yup, insurance is crazy. And diferent insurance companies are justa s crazy as each other! I got a quote from RACV that was ~$500 more than my current insurer.

How long until you turn 24? :p

25 isn't it? 30 if you wanna talk high end stuff.

I wouldn't even consider getting an WRX or EVO until I'm much older... I just checked what it would be for my Dad, a 60 year old with no claims, ever, and in a "medium" risk suburb, for an '08 STi... $1515... Shit, that's just mental

Yup, insurance is crazy. And diferent insurance companies are justa s crazy as each other! I got a quote from RACV that was ~$500 more than my current insurer.

25 isn't it? 30 if you wanna talk high end stuff.

I wouldn't even consider getting an WRX or EVO until I'm much older... I just checked what it would be for my Dad, a 60 year old with no claims, ever, and in a "medium" risk suburb, for an '08 STi... $1515... Shit, that's just mental

that's the advantage to living in a "safe" subrub I guess

Tropical Pink shirt w/khakis. Acceptable? If it was light pink, I wouldn't hesitate. And how would it go with brown skin?

Tropical Pink shirt w/khakis. Acceptable? If it was light pink, I wouldn't hesitate. And how would it go with brown skin?

As FG.com's resident fashion expert, I'll field this one.

I'd need to see the shirt itself to get the full idea of the pattern and what not, but a pink button down and khaki trousers is completely acceptable. Pair it with a brown belt and brown shoes, preferably a dark tobacco brown and it'll look quite nice. I have a pair of Mercanti Fiorentini loafers in that colour that I bought in case I need to wear khaki pants. Similar to this:

http://img343.imageshack.**/img343/3407/dsc00709cz9.jpg

Some people say khaki and black shoes is ok, but I think it looks terrible.

If the shirt is VERY casual, most tropicals are, wear it un-tucked and relaxed. Tucking it in will make it look like you're trying to be too formal in a shirt that's not designed to be formal at all. Of course this all depends on the pattern of the shirt (floral? striped? solid?).

Have to agree with no boss. Informal/casual shirts that are tucked in are ghastly. Even worse in my humble opinion is wearing a casual button up, and buttoning all the buttons. Leave the top few undone. This may seem like stupid advice, but you'd be surprised. Look how many guys button that top button and it how it makes the collar cut into their neck fat in some way.

What's the venue? I'd tend to disagree with No Boss about the need for a more formal shoe like a loafer over more normal casual footwear.

Thanks for the help guys. It would be part of a store uniform, most likely tucked in. And how would this particular shade match brown skin? Part of me thinks light/pale pink would be a better contrast, but that's not an option for me at this moment.

here is the shirt.

http://img178.imageshack.**/img178/4563/picture10bi2.jpg

What's the venue? I'd tend to disagree with No Boss about the need for a more formal shoe like a loafer over more normal casual footwear.

The only reason I said that is because a sharp shoe, especially that colour brown, can really pop a outfit and make it stand out. Typically I wear casual shoes with my jeans and what not like a regular guy, but this past weekend I had a birthday party to go to. I wore a light and casual light blue button down untucked with brown trousers that had a faint blue pin stripe in them, with my brown shoes. The shoes just set the subtle casual outfit apart from others and makes you look like you just gave that extra thought into your outfit.

Do I advocate wearing dress shoes with everything casual? Dear God NO! It's strictly subjective and relates directly to the venue, but when it comes to some khakis dress brown shoes can't go wrong.

Thanks for the help guys. It would be part of a store uniform, most likely tucked in. And how would this particular shade match brown skin? Part of me thinks light/pale pink would be a better contrast, but that's not an option for me at this moment.

here is the shirt.

http://img178.imageshack.**/img178/4563/picture10bi2.jpg
Sweet dual-overhead cams! That color, is.... :lol: Where you workin?

Aratoga, you did this on purpose didn't you?
aratoga.JPG

^ :lmao: