2007 Belgian Formula 1 Grand Prix

Awesome job by Kimi, he is the master of Spa. Great effort also by Rosberg and Webber. Both high up the grid. Should be a good race. I hope they have a minutes silence for McRae and those lost in the helicopter.

David Hobbs just annoys me with the way he changes McLarens name to McLearan and how he calls Felipe, Phil.

Just little things like that, oh and his voice is awful

I hope they have a minutes silence for McRae and those lost in the helicopter.

Why? He's WRC, not F1, as sad as it is.

He's still a motorsport world champion. I am willing to bet they had a moments silence for Senna in 1994 at the relevant WRC event.

He's still a motorsport world champion. I am willing to bet they had a moments silence for Senna in 1994 at the relevant WRC event.

They wouldnt have had a minutes silence because he wasnt a WRC driver.

Ok, they are all racing car drivers, but they don't hold a minutes silence for another sport in public, maybe during the drivers briefings though.

Did F1 stop when Kato died in MotoGP? Did F1 stop when Marko Martin's co-driver died? Did F1 stop when Greg Moore died? Did F1 stop when Dale Earnhardt died?

Im sorry to be like this, but it just doesnt happen and never will happen in public unless it is someone relevant to that catergory.

Now, back to Belgium. Anyone know the weather forecast for todays race?

:woot: Edit: My 3000th post by they way and in the F1 section of the greatest race track in the world :woot:

Last edited:
They wouldnt have had a minutes silence because he wasnt a WRC driver.

Ok, they are all racing car drivers, but they don't hold a minutes silence for another sport in public, maybe during the drivers briefings though.

Did F1 stop when Kato died in MotoGP? Did F1 stop when Marko Martin's co-driver died? Did F1 stop when Greg Moore died? Did F1 stop when Dale Earnhardt died?

Im sorry to be like this, but it just doesnt happen and never will happen in public unless it is someone relevant to that catergory.

Now, back to Belgium. Anyone know the weather forecast for todays race?

:woot: Edit: My 3000th post by they way and in the F1 section of the greatest race track in the world :woot:

I'm willing to wager that there will be a moment of silence or other recognition during the time leading up to the race, but not broadcast on Speed or anything. I'm sure hte Speed commentators will mention it though.

Dry weather.

I think Massa has been getting better starts than Kimi, so it will be interesting to see if he trys to pass him. I'm also interested to see what Alonso does in the start....and then with Hamilton behind him?

It's going to be crazy, and that's just the front of the pack.

I hope it's wet at some stage, then Button might win!!

We probably won't see it which is fair enough but I do hope the drivers stop and take a moment at some point. Anyway back to the race.

Its interesting, everyone talks about Eau Rouge, but now that has been tamed a little the corner I really like watching is the long downhill left hander (turn 7??) That is SSOOO fast. Very knife edge.

Pouhan is my fave corner :D

Yeh me too, I quite like the new circuit. Bit "safe" but that can't be helped in the current climate. Unfortunate name though, also interesting that Eau Rouge only seems to be flat under the most ideal circumstances as well which is good.

If we were talking in general than it would be Becketts.

Would of liked Massa P1, but I'm thrilled with the red front row.

Looking forward to some "bad luck" during one of Alonso's pit stops. Hamilton need not worry.

also hope that happens^ hahaha, or maybe some reliability problems if ever :lol:

I wonder how Coulthard will be after the death of McRae. They were close friends.

^ You got a point! - I suspect he'll race, but it will certainly be a very strange race for him.

I hope he does well for Colin.

I agree with HondaF1, I don't expect a minutes silence to be observed. No doubt Coultard will have some sort of a tribute for McRae, a black arm band or something.

Going to go watch Speed now, enjoy the race everyone!!

oh here we go.... ITV commencing the hamilton wank off show. i swear its like a hours worth of rimming hamiltons ass followed by 2 hours of racing.