2007 Belgian Formula 1 Grand Prix

Would of liked Massa P1, but I'm thrilled with the red front row.

Looking forward to some "bad luck" during one of Alonso's pit stops. Hamilton need not worry.

i dont think that will happen, i dont think they really need to escalate the situation any further than it already is. that would be royally stupid

^ ok ok! in all fairness, what Hamilton has got going is pretty amazing, first season and could win the championship, Plus a lot of brits are supporting Hamilton so there giving what the people want.

hahahah just seen the best banner ever...

"RON, WANT A TENNER?"

:lol:

:zzz: even at the best track of the championship the racing is nailbitingly exiting!!

Edit: thank god motogp is starting in 1hr!
hojbusa.gif

Last edited:
Ferrari 1 Kimi, 2 Massa Mclaren 3 Alonso

Good to see Kimi get the win, was hoping Hamilton would finish ahead of Alonso. Alonso pushing Hamilton wide at the start was ridiculous. Good race by Webber finishing 7th. But it looks like the RBR is still prone to hydraulic problems.

Sutil did a pretty good job to finish in 14th, looks like the B-Spec Spyker may be a bit better.

Only three more races to go, should be a good finish to the season.

Cant wait for the next race, the fight between Alonso and Hamilton will be interesting :)

I saw the replay, and there was quite some contact between Alonso and hamilton. Alonso really did push hamilton off the track...

Pretty boring race, but oh well.

Good Job Kimi winning, and your donuts were pretty cool :p

Alonso pushing Hamilton wide was idiotic, they almost crashed with each other!

Awesome job Sutil and Rosberg

Was quite a dull race, even at Spa. Nice one Kimi managing to use that pole and a nice donut at the end :D

Sucks about Jenson and Coulthard retiring. But good on Sutil, he got to 11th, then kinda messed it up and slipped back down.

^its a shame the races aren't...

Piss off.

I enjoy my Formula 1 even if it wasnt the most exciting race of the season. The championship is getting very exciting. Massa's out of it now.

As for all you McLaren/Alonso/Hamilton fans, who cares if Alonso ran Hamilton off the road. It was good to watch. And there wasnt any contact as stated before.

3 races to go, 13 points between the top 3. Can't wait.

Ron happy to see his drivers race

McLaren boss Ron Dennis said he had no complaints about Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton's wheel to wheel antics on the opening lap at Spa.

Alonso and Hamilton ran side by side into La Source, with the world champion edging his title rival off the road and across the asphalt run-off.

But Lewis found great traction and charged back onto the track slightly ahead of Alonso.

They then went through the first part of the breathtaking Eau Rouge corner inches apart before Alonso secured third.

Dennis told ITV Sport's pit lane reporter Ted Kravitz that he was quite happy to see his drivers racing each other so hard.

"It was absolutely fine," he said.

"They weren't too aggressive, and they're racing drivers, that's what they do.

"No-one would blink at it if they were opposing teams.

"They didn't touch each other, it's motor racing, no problem. You get used to it."

Alonso also played down the spectacular moment.

"At the first corner Felipe (Massa) locked the front tyre a little bit, I was blocking the inside and I had no space, so I had a bad exit from turn one," he said.

"I think also Lewis went wide at the exit of turn one, so he took a little bit of advantage running in the tyre marks.

"So we arrived wheel by wheel into turns three and four, but I was lucky to be on the inside and to get the position there.

"In this situation I was quite confident and happy with my position into that corner.

"I was not too worried."

The McLaren duo held their positions for the rest of the uneventful race, which puts Alonso just two points behind Hamilton with three races to go.

"It's that little bit closer for Fernando to Lewis in the world championship, but we've got a great world championship and I'm looking forward to the last three races," said Dennis.

He felt there was little to choose between his drivers during the Spa weekend, even though Alonso had appeared to hold a slight edge.

"Actually Lewis was quicker in the first and the last sector, and Fernando had him in the middle a little bit," Ron told ITV.

"The differential wasn't that much.

"The strategies were slightly different, we gave them every opportunity and we used all the engine life.

"I'm pleased that nothing silly came out of the race, no controversy, and it's great to see them both pretty close to the world championship.

"Let's move to motor racing for the next three grands prix."

Source

I personally don't want Hamilton to win such a tainted WDC. He will have a great chance next year when there is no TC to prove what kind of driver he is. We all know Alonso is currently one of the biggest TC whores in F1.

The difference between Hamilton and Senna - is that Senna (or Shuey for that matter) would have taken Alonso out, team mate or no pulling a stunt like that.

I personally don't want Hamilton to win such a tainted WDC. He will have a great chance next year when there is no TC to prove what kind of driver he is. We all know Alonso is currently one of the biggest TC whores in F1.

It maybe isn't the optimum time but would you prefer to see Alonso win it? I don't think so...Hamilton should win this year, and prove next year he can do it again without TC 8)