2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

This was my favourite USF1 tweet today:

@fakebernie Oil and water. U.S. and F1. You do the chemistry.

I'm sad to see USF1 go as I think that the US is important to F1 but the team would only have done more damage to the image of F1 in the US. I hope to hell they dont get their entry delayed until 2011. Would set a precedent...

Yup, they failed miserably. Hopefully the FIA do the only logical thing and reopen the tender process for 2011 to allow established organisations such as Epsilon or Prodrive a chance, both of whom have far more credibility than this Serbian parasite.

cnn.jpg

New sponsor for Lotus.

DailyFail so not the likliest of things, but hey:

Mika Hakkinen possibly Lewis' new manager?

Last edited:
I can see it now. Time for Lewis's contract to be renewed:

Whitmarsh: 'We're delighted with Lewis's performance for us and if you're agreeable, we'd like to extend Lewis's contract for another three years'
Hakkinen: (30 second pause)...'yes'
Whitmarsh: 'But you see the thing is, times are hard and given the competitive market we're considering a drop in his retainer for the balance of the contract'
Hakkinen: (60 second pause)....'hrmm.......no'

this USF1 thing is some serious LOLz.

seriously, after all this big talk about being the best of the new comers, etc etc. epic fail.

ROFL, can't wait and see what the fanboys have to say about it.

this USF1 thing is some serious LOLz.

seriously, after all this big talk about being the best of the new comers, etc etc. epic fail.

ROFL, can't wait and see what the fanboys have to say about it.

I'm legitimately glad that Virgin and Lotus are in.

Ah yes, he totally flipped when I bashed USF1 not too long ago. :lol:

sucks that Stefan GP haven't been allowed to enter. If USF1 hadnt messed around fooling themselves into thinking they'd be ready in time, then Stefan GP could have been confirmed already.

Maybe Bernie will push the FIA to let them in, after all they've already shipped things to Bahrain, so they're good to race.

They could still make the grid.

There's just something about Stefan that just rubs me the wrong way. Colossal arrogance, perhaps? Smack talk is one thing, but when you haven't even jumped through the (albeit flawed, since they let some seriously unprepared teams in over ones who've got their crap together) hoops to get on the grid and insist on shoving your way in anyway? Tacky tacky.

If they do get an entry this year (which I find a bit doubtful), it'll probably be the first time I'll ever root for a team to fail.

If another team's let on, I'd rather see someone like Prodrive or Lola get it. Looks full enough without 'em, though.

Look up devil500 posts for an example. Blind faith if not fanboyism.

Cant blame him.. His dear BMW pulled the plug on him. Must have been hard on that poor boy.
I just remember him affectionately calling the team he supports as 'we', as if he is part of the team.

I just remember him affectionately calling the team he supports as 'we', as if he is part of the team.

I always do that as a flames fan (hockey for those poor souls who dont know) and I always get called out for it.:p

I do feel bad for american F1 fans though as simply because of the teams name and patriotic mantra its being labeled as an "american f1 failure," when really even if a team like lotus failed it probably wouldn't be called a Malaysian F1 failure. Really, what a shame. If this was done well it could have been great for F1 in the states but in the end it probably managed to make a bad situation worse.

I'm curious as to why Stefan GP isn't in, even though I didn't really want them to be in as there's already enough people to win a race anyway.