2012 Audi S8

hounted

Car(s)
Chevrolet Suburban/ Audi A5
audi-s8.jpg

This is what the new S8 will look like. As far as I'm aware the new car will have a 600bhp Biturbo V10 or a brand new biturbo 4.0 TFSI V8.

Last edited:
I think it needs MORE grilles, cause you know 6 just ISNT enough these days. The current S8 doesnt look aggressive enough, it's like they softened it up too far and forgot to turn off that brush while designing...

Well it's not boring.

Yeah... not sure.... What happened to the sleeper status that the M and S/RS cars used to have? I mean even B7/B8 S and RS will look like a normal A4/A6 to those who don't know. This is firmly in the OMGWTFBBQ pull me over cuz I'm speeding while standing still category and not in a good way like the Lambo or 370Z

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2011/01/13/audi_news8_1_01.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2011/01/13/3005387_81df9ebe-51e4-475c-ba06-f9e87cd0b02f.jpg

It's gotta be much more subtle to roll with daddy and grandpa. If it were to continue the trend, the only things to set it apart from the regular A8 would be chrome mirrors, aggressive wheels, and quad exhaust tips (on the D3).

I've always liked the S8 more than the top of the range 7-series and S-class, just because its always been so much more classy. It better stay that way.

Last edited:
Can someone please 'shop the entire car out of grills? That would fantastic.

I'm curious how many of those grills are functional. Sounds like a serious machine, so I can excuse such things if they're there for a reason, not just for looks.

But compared to the M5 and some of the new AMG's, this isn't all that bad. Seems most of the big Germans aren't going for the sleeper look anymore.

800px-Audi_A8_III_4.2_TDI_quattro_front_20100416.jpg

Add Chrome mirrors and a Badge.

Dear Audi, put some normal headlights and we'll talk again.

Hmm, who's the S8 actually aimed at, or who's going to be buying it? 60-year-old CEO's of multinational companies who want something sporty yet dignified to waft from one meeting to another. In other words, they want a car that perfectly compliments their Italian designer suits and expensive watches, while giving them a bit of a tingle through the right foot should they so desire.

Does this serve this purpose? Look at it. Thing has more grilles than a factory manufacturing grated cheese and it looks like the winner of a design competition for 10-year-olds. If this was meant to be a supercar, the design would be acceptable (yet ugly), since they're meant to be the over-the-top machines driven 30 days a year down the high street catching everyone's eye. This, again, is meant to be just the hotted-up, more racy version of a business express that's still driven every day, usually on relatively boring trips to visit branch offices or factories. It may serve it's purpose beautifully, these cars always seem to, however, as a design exercise, it's rubbish. Compared to this, the R8 is very sleek and unpretentious. Hell, this thing makes the Porsche Cayenne look like something you could put into an art publication, and I do think that at that point, something's quite badly screwed up.

I also think the monster versions of German executive saloons are slowly losing their appeal with the introduction of monster bodykits and other bits that give away their status straight away. The old RS's were much more menacing, with the first impression of "oh, that's an Audi with some go-faster bits stuck on" and boom, there's blinding performance coming your way. It really is a shame that they're slowly drifting to making cars lacking that surprise element.

It's gotta be much more subtle to roll with daddy and grandpa. If it were to continue the trend, the only things to set it apart from the regular A8 would be chrome mirrors, aggressive wheels, and quad exhaust tips (on the D3).

I've always liked the S8 more than the top of the range 7-series and S-class, just because its always been so much more classy. It better stay that way.

Mine needs the mirrors polished badly, it looks quite bad atm. Infact, the entire car needs a proper wax and clean, I doubt the previous owner invested much in car care.

Also, yeah...horrible front-end, and I hope they go with the V10 engine.

shopped.jpg

Inconsistent lighting, sharp/blurred areas, fingerpaint... etc. On top of that, it looks just bad.