24" Monitor

NAIDANAC A

Car(s)
300E
10107785.jpg

$329.99
Samsung SyncMaster 24" LCD Monitor (2443BW)

The Samsung SyncMaster 2443BW is a high glossy black; cost effective 24" LCD with outstanding specs, features and performance. It has a high contrast ratio of 20,000:1 DC and supports Full HD resolution. The 2443BW provides the user with a rotation features and is height adjustable. It is low power consumption LCD with energy-saving of up to 40% compared to normal monitors. More Info
WebID: 10107785
Mfr. Part Number: LS24MYKKBQ/XAA
Monitor Type Flat-Panel
Analog vs Digital Analog & Digital (VGA & DVI)
Brightness 300cd/m2
Built in TV Tuner No
Contrast Ratio 20,000:1 DC
Maximum Resolution 1920 x 1200
Other Color Effect, Customized Key
Product Dimensions 55.62(W) x 43.22(H) x 25.00(D) cm
Product Weight 7.70 kg
Response Time 5 ms
Screen Size 24"
Speakers Included No
Warranty 3 Year Parts & Labour

More Information

The 2443BW is equipped with Samsung's innovative and enhanced colour technology, Magic Colour Engine which generates rich and vivid image automatically.
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...ngid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10107785&catid=25616#

OR

10101789.jpg

$339.99
LG 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor (W2452V)
The LG W2452V comes HD 1080P capable and has HDMI, DVI, and D-sub (Analog) connections. This 24" LG LCD monitor is ideal for graphics, gaming, multimedia; including HD movies, multiple document visibility requirements, and every day usage. Users looking for LG's distinctive style, accurate picture representation, and advanced specification and feature set will fully enjoy this LG 24" HDMI HD 1080P capable Wide Screen LCD format. More Info
WebID: 10101789
Mfr. Part Number: W2452V-TF
Monitor Type LCD
Analog vs Digital Analog, DVI-D (HDCP)
Brightness 400 cd/m2
Built in TV Tuner No
Contrast Ratio 10000:1
Maximum Resolution 1920 x 1200
Other HDMI, HD 1080P, f-Engine, ez-Zooming
Product Dimensions 51.4(W) x 46.3(H) x 24.3(D) cm
Product Weight 6.1 kg
Response Time 5ms
Screen Size 24"
Speakers Included No
Warranty 3 Years

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=L&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10101789&catid=#

HALP!!!

Seriously have no idea which one to get.

I say the LG, but that's only cause I like how the bottom is rounded off.. Other than that, they look pretty equal.

Samsung > LG IMO

I wanted the Samsung for work, but was refused one, because of the ongoing cost cutting :(

I have LG W2452T-PF, which looks exactly like the one in the first post. Same specs too, I think it's the same panel.

Anyway, I don't like it one bit. I guess it's a general problem of TN panels, but view angles are killing me. Horizontal is ok, but vertical is very limited. Which means there's NO position from 1m distance at which all picture looks uniform. Either bottom is blown out or top is too dark. In addition regular TN banding issues and I'm still having troubles to match colors with my very old 19" samsung which is PVA (and which I think is more accurate in this respect).

But what can you expect for that price... It's great for games and movies.

As a Samsung fanboy I would say...

There's a third option iiyama B2403WS or E2403WS (with/without pivot) http://www.trustedreviews.com/displays/review/2007/08/29/Iiyama-ProLite-B2403WS-24in-LCD/p1

5285-IMG7957s.jpg

I've got one of those and i'm very happy so far.

As much as I am thankful of your reply. The monitor you linked me to is from Europe, so shipping and taxes and duty would be about 100$ if I was lucky, secondly that costs 250pounds...which is about 450$ so I have to say no on that one.

THanks though.:lol:

As much as I am thankful of your reply. The monitor you linked me to is from Europe, so shipping and taxes and duty would be about 100$ if I was lucky, secondly that costs 250pounds...which is about 450$ so I have to say no on that one.

THanks though.:lol:
Sorry didn't know that it was only available in yurop :oops:

For not much more you could ditch the TN and get an awesome MVA. I got my 24" Westinghouse for $400 for example and it has a 500cd/m^2 (brighter than both of those) and a 1000:1 contrast ratio (real, not that dynamic crap).

For not much more you could ditch the TN and get an awesome MVA. I got my 24" Westinghouse for $400 for example and it has a 500cd/m^2 (brighter than both of those) and a 1000:1 contrast ratio (real, not that dynamic crap).
Isn't the westinghouse 24" not available any more? I haven't been really following but I thought it was replaced by the 26.1" or something?

Btw, a 24" isn't TOO big at all =) I'm very very used to mine and I feel like my 20" ws is very small now.

Isn't the westinghouse 24" not available any more? I haven't been really following but I thought it was replaced by the 26.1" or something?

Not sure TBH.

Btw, a 24" isn't TOO big at all =) I'm very very used to mine and I feel like my 20" ws is very small now.

Yeah, I could easily go for bigger.

I would go with the Samsung, My first LCD monitor is a Samsung and it lasted for more than 4 years now, they are wonderful.

I tried to find some reviews for you but I think that uts relatively new so couldn't find any <_<

I currently using a samsung 19" monitor but if I have the money, I would go for LG because it is better than samsung by a bit more.

I agree with what viper and the other guy said. Dont get the TN pannle. Can anyone make a good recommendation. I want something thats adjustable up and down and nice, I do photography so colors should be good but im also a student so I dont want to spend a ton.

From what I've read in recent months, Samsungs have been getting pretty decent reviews. I bought a Dell 2408WFP a few months ago, but it's at the expensive end of 24-inch monitors.

If it were up to me I'd choose the Samsung, though the lack of an HDMI input would grate.