95 jag trip computer

wayneo

Car(s)
95 jaguar xj sport 4.0
hi,,,i have a 95 jaguar xj sport 4 litre and im having problems with the trip computer,it doesnt work,if i prees the odo button nothing happens,if i press the reset buton it show.mpg etc but doest not show what mpg im geting or anythang esle.so when i press the odo butoon after the reset button the computer goed back to the miles the casr has done.so both bottons are working......i cant get my trip counter or anything at all to show up

Okay, I couldn't understand that much at all. Could you try restating your question again in comprehensible English with proper punctuation???

Okay, I'm going to bump this thread again in the hopes that you might see and restate your question - if you had one....

hi,,,i have a 95 jaguar xj sport 4 litre and im having problems with the trip computer,it doesnt work,if i prees the odo button nothing happens,if i press the reset buton it show.mpg etc but doest not show what mpg im geting or anythang esle.so when i press the odo butoon after the reset button the computer goed back to the miles the casr has done.so both bottons are working......i cant get my trip counter or anything at all to show up

I have no idea what you just said, so here's my Pathfinder with a Jaguar bonnet on its head:

IMG_2665.JPG

Okay, I'm going to bump this thread again in the hopes that you might see and restate your question - if you had one....

I have no idea what you just said, so here's my Pathfinder with a Jaguar bonnet on its head:

IMG_2665.JPG

shortcircuitremakeyes.jpg

Anyway, what kind of Brit drives a jag but can't even be bothered to capitalise his own country..?

Yes I'm in a harsh mood, and he seems to have disappeared.

asian guy doing the translation into english. here goes.

Hello. I have a 95 Jaguar XJ Sport, 4 litre and I'm having problems with the trip computer. It doesn't work. If I press the odo button nothing happens. If I press the reset button, it shows the mpg, etc but does not show what mpg I am getting or anything else. (I don't know what I am talking about here because I said it shows, but doesn't show.) So when I press the odo butoon after the reset button, the computer goes back to the miles the car has done, showing the proper odometer function. So both buttons are not in working order since I can't get my trip counter or anything at all to show up.

it shows the mpg, etc but does not show what mpg I am getting or anything else. (I don't know what I am talking about here because I said it shows, but doesn't show.)
I think this might mean that the letters "mpg" show up, but not the numerical value beside it.

i'm not too sure what it's supposed to read. the trip computer didn't work on our old '94 XJ6 and it doesn't work on my '94 XJ12 either so i have nothing to base it on...