Battlefield 3

I played with a guy who I ended up noticing is the global headshot leader, he plays 5.5 hours a day average. LOL.

when i see some of the service stars people have i'm just like geez dude get a life

for them "Getting a life" = "playing BF3" which is perfectly fine. An individual should be allowed to do any legal activity that he/she wants to and not everyone wants to go play physical games or go party.

^While you're right, he can do whatever he wants, it's not exactly a show of motivation to do anything else. He's letting life pass him by.

^While you're right, he can do whatever he wants, it's not exactly a show of motivation to do anything else. He's letting life pass him by.

In what way? Playing games online with mates is some of the best fun. How is having fun not living?

for them "Getting a life" = "playing BF3" which is perfectly fine. An individual should be allowed to do any legal activity that he/she wants to and not everyone wants to go play physical games or go party.

Duh. :rolleyes:

That still doesn't change my opinion that they are wasting their life. As an ex-WoW addict that played 8-10 hours a day for months on end, I don't wish that on anyone.

Last edited:
And that's great. I do as well. I'm saying some get so consumed, they miss out on other great parts of life.

Some people like to focus on one or two things and others like to get a little taste of everything. Everyone misses out on something. I don't see how that's bad.

As I said, people can do what they want. People should try new things; that's all i'm saying.

Anyway, BF3.

Snow! Nice. That second map looks like that mountain segment in the BC2 campaign, doesn't even look like a multiplayer level - looks cool. It definitely makes sense that they'd do CQ first, since the console crowd doesn't seem to like big maps very much since they're so empty with only 24 people, start with something that everyone can enjoy and stuff, but come on AK looks awwwwwesome and CQ gets old fast.

dary

Snow! Nice. That second map looks like that mountain segment in the BC2 campaign, doesn't even look like a multiplayer level - looks cool. It definitely makes sense that they'd do CQ first, since the console crowd doesn't seem to like big maps very much since they're so empty with only 24 people, start with something that everyone can enjoy and stuff, but come on AK looks awwwwwesome and CQ gets old fast.

Also a psychological effect comes in handy here. People are now userd to CQ-maps mostly and now get thrown into maps the size of bf1942-bf2bc all together.

:thumbsup::clap:

Fuck. Yes.

1080p!

[video=youtube;wF8H1Wh-Brc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF8H1Wh-Brc&hd=1[/video]

Also note the addition of letters to the top of the minimap (on each flag).

Last edited:
Read: BF3 feels threatened by PS2, so they build big maps.

But PS2 has 31 times as many players as BF3 on a single map. I really can't see these maps being very exciting because they are big, but they have the same player counts so less players per square km. The prevalence of vehicles might make up for it but unless every player has an APC/Tank I can't really see it being all that interesting. The trailer looked highly scripted to get the high action feel.

Gunning the Spectre will be cool though. If only they had real thermal modeling like ArmA...

Armoured Kill.
One expansion to rule them all? I frickin' can't wait for it.

BTW, after applying english patch on my russian bf3 I feel like playing better, since I speak English better than Russian.

Last edited: