Battlefield 3

is it just me or was that mostly console on the birgirpall video?

funny nonetheless

is it just me or was that mostly console on the birgirpall video?

funny nonetheless

All PC I think. What makes you say console?

I can kinda see it. The view inputs are all smooth and slow for the most part.

All PC I think. What makes you say console?

well for one thing the revive icon isnt your usual icon, and the characters look way lower quality, he doesnt seems to actually aim up or down when running with the knife either, its all left or right

Read: BF3 feels threatened by PS2, so they build big maps.

But PS2 has 31 times as many players as BF3 on a single map. I really can't see these maps being very exciting because they are big, but they have the same player counts so less players per square km. The prevalence of vehicles might make up for it but unless every player has an APC/Tank I can't really see it being all that interesting. The trailer looked highly scripted to get the high action feel.

Gunning the Spectre will be cool though. If only they had real thermal modeling like ArmA...

Except for the aircaft, though, the actual walkable areas of the map are much smaller. It's a mountain range, there are bound to be large impassable sections that limit ground movement and produce more confrontations.

Except for the aircaft, though, the actual walkable areas of the map are much smaller. It's a mountain range, there are bound to be large impassable sections that limit ground movement and produce more confrontations.

Depends how many passes there are. I was thinking about the desert map.

It's entirely possible and even likely IMO that birgirpall filmed that with a controller, they're a lot better for video than mice, mice are jerky and gross on video.

Read: BF3 feels threatened by PS2, so they build big maps.

But PS2 has 31 times as many players as BF3 on a single map. I really can't see these maps being very exciting because they are big, but they have the same player counts so less players per square km. The prevalence of vehicles might make up for it but unless every player has an APC/Tank I can't really see it being all that interesting. The trailer looked highly scripted to get the high action feel.

Gunning the Spectre will be cool though. If only they had real thermal modeling like ArmA...

they've made like $500m off the game, I seriously doubt they're too concerned

they've made like $500m off the game, I seriously doubt they're too concerned

Battlefield used to push large combat but now there are people that do it better. Big maps and big player counts used to be the reason to play BF.

PS2 is going to be free. Bigtime free games suck huge numbers of players away from competing games. League of Legends has well over 32 million accounts with over 11 million active monthly. There is a reason why DOTA 2 is also going to be free - they could never hope to compete if they charged up front. Regardless of money made, DICE still wants people to play their game, if for no other reason than DLC (which I doubt, because game devs are very proud people). Besides, if they didn't want more money they wouldn't have released premium or those booster packs. And don't you remember all the digs at COD in recent games/ads? COD isn't even the same kind of game (more CS than BF), and they feel the need to compete. PS2 is exactly like BF (combined arms combat) but bigger. If they aren't eyeballing it pretty hard they are stupid. And I know they're not stupid.

PS2?

PS2 is exactly like BF (combined arms combat) but bigger. If they aren't eyeballing it pretty hard they are stupid. And I know they're not stupid.

EXCEEEEEEEPT that they're totally different. Military shooter and a scifi shooter. Military shooters are for dudes, only nerds play sci fi shooters. Come on brah!

/me is total nerd, has never played planetside, forgot what he was talking about...

I'm beginning to grow fond of squad games. Just me and 3 others taking on 12 enemies. Nice pace, less infuriating atmosphere, more focus on tactics rather than run and gun.

Oh, I see.

Never heard of it before.

EXCEEEEEEEPT that they're totally different. Military shooter and a scifi shooter. Military shooters are for dudes, only nerds play sci fi shooters. Come on brah!

/me is total nerd, has never played planetside, forgot what he was talking about...

Nah brah, only real men play PS because we shit in buckets and shit.

- - - Updated - - -