Battlefield 4

I paid sticker price.

Same price I paid for BF3+Premium.
Same price I paid for BF2 + all expansions.
Same price I paid for BF1942 + all expansions.

($110)

I paid sticker price.

Same price I paid for BF3+Premium.
Same price I paid for BF2 + all expansions.
Same price I paid for BF1942 + all expansions.

($110)

I'll probably do the same one there's Premium content out that is worth paying for.

I wonder what they'll fix first, the crashes or the vehicle balance?

I've been lucky to not be affected by crashes as much as others, though I do come across the gameplay issues more often. Like the unkillable dual-engineer scout heli, pea-shooter stealth jet, and holy hell the mobile AA is overpowered, especially in Lancang Dam.

after playing this on xbone, I do really have to wonder why they bothered with the 360 release. Even the single player was far less buggy

xbone version is crashing at the end of every round for some reason, might give a reinstall a shot

I've only played a couple of hours of the campaign, no multiplayer yet. Maybe all this is explained, but...

How come the aircraft carrier is empty? Also when walking around the Valkyrie, there were about 20 people on-board
Why can't it defend itself against a crummy dinghy and a helicopter?
Why is Tombstone the only team of marines?
Why doesn't the tank mine work at all? I had to chase after it with C4.

EDIT: I fired Conquest up :| I was in a heli, we were getting chased and started going down. I bailed out, our heli blew up. I ran away and the enemy heli fell out of the sky and blew up about 4 feet in-front of me. I stood still for a few seconds, it was kinda amazing.

Don't question the campaign. It's ridiculous. Nothing makes sense.

Just get through it to get all the unlocks, especially the M249. Multiplayer is the real game and it shows.

the campaign is possibly one of the dumbest things I've ever played, it's also full of bugs on the 360 (had no issues on the XBONE)

I've only played a couple of hours of the campaign, no multiplayer yet. Maybe all this is explained, but...
Also, why were TWO CONSECUTIVE aircraft carriers boarded and almost taken over? Fighting through them through 2 separate missions felt too... recycled.

Nonetheless, I like it better than BF3, because you have the freedom to change your weapons and gadgets, so it plays a bit more like multiplayer in that you can tackle "problems" in different ways.

For example, I played through Singapore... ON FOOT, just because I could. Also, I used the Mk11 + Angled Foregrip + Compensator as my primary weapon throughout the campaign, and then carried that over to multiplayer and was right at home with it. I found it to be good practice.

All in all, though, best single player in the Battlefield series will remain with Bad Company.

EDIT: I fired Conquest up :| I was in a heli, we were getting chased and started going down. I bailed out, our heli blew up. I ran away and the enemy heli fell out of the sky and blew up about 4 feet in-front of me. I stood still for a few seconds, it was kinda amazing.

Welcome to Battlefield!

Anybody liking the new maps so far?

I certainly do. Reminded me of 1942 and BF2.

Commanded for the first time last night (just bought an iPad Mini). It's rather repetitive (you just spam UAVs) but still pretty fun. You actually get rather invested in your team winning.

Did anyone who is non-premium and preordered get the China Rising today?
No, it's premium only at first.

Anybody liking the new maps so far?

I certainly do. Reminded me of 1942 and BF2.
I didn't. One of them looks great(the mountain jungle), the rest are very heavily based on vehicle warfare. Too much like AK in bf3. Also, I had a lot of hibox issues where I could not hit a guy standing still at less than 50 meters no matter how many clips I put in to them(see the video above). I tried 4 different servers, same deal. Back to vanilla and no issues.