Battlefield 4

Did anyone who is non-premium and preordered get the China Rising today?

Two week delay. :rolleyes:

Starting today, China Rising will be available for Battlefield 4 Premium members for a two-week time-exclusive period. Make sure to get Premium to get a head start for all Battlefield 4 expansions, 12 Battlepacks, exclusive new content on a weekly basis, and much more.

Considering the amount the game crashes, etc., I'm not too keen on throwing down another $50 for the game...

Two week delay. :rolleyes:

Considering the amount the game crashes, etc., I'm not too keen on throwing down another $50 for the game...

it's a mess on all platforms but one of the only games to keep people going on the new consoles until next year :/

I suck at air superiority, matches only generally last a couple of minutes and largely consist of spawning and the BEEP BEEP BEEP, FLARE, BEEP, BEEP, BANG

I don't think I've seen a game on xbone with anyone scoring over 8 kills

That bit is fake.

This bit is real
EA halts Battlefield 4 expansions to 'sort out all the issues'

Electronic Arts is done with Battlefield 4 expansions for now.

In a statement provided to Polygon, an EA spokesperson said that expansions are on hold until developer EA DICE fixes the problems that have plagued the game across platforms since its launch last month.

"First, we want to thank the fans out there that are playing and supporting us with Battlefield 4," the spokesperson said. "We know we still have a ways to go with fixing the game ? it is absolutely our No. 1 priority. The team at DICE is working non-stop to update the game. Since Battlefield 4 China Rising expansion pack was already in the final stages of development by the time issues began with Battlefield 4, we decided to fulfill our promise to deliver it this week, but we're not moving onto future projects or expansions until we sort out all the issues with Battlefield 4. We know many of our players are frustrated, and we feel their pain. We will not stop until this is right."

The spokesperson advised Battlefield 4 players to visit the Battlefield 4 Control Room website, where EA will be posting updates about the game.

Since its launch on next-gen consoles, Battlefield 4 users have reported crashes on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Yesterday, the China Rising expansion launched, but players reported being dropped, booted and unable to connect to servers. Check out Polygon's Battlefield 4 review, which was recently updated to reflect the ongoing problems with the troubled first-person shooter.

This is annoying. Lately it feels like I always get placed on a team where every player either sucks or has their own pet assignment they want to complete, leading to a "team" in name only, whereas the other side is full of Level 80+ clan members communicating on some TeamSpeak server and thus completely barreling over us. I'm lucky to win one round in three.

This is annoying. Lately it feels like I always get placed on a team where every player either sucks or has their own pet assignment they want to complete, leading to a "team" in name only, whereas the other side is full of Level 80+ clan members communicating on some TeamSpeak server and thus completely barreling over us. I'm lucky to win one round in three.

because rounds totally need 31 snipers sitting on a hill and not even attempting to capture points 50ft in front of them

Last edited:
Yeah I bought the game and Premium via GMG too with vouchers and such. Effectively I paid $42 for Premium (-15%) and I think $48 for the game (-20%). And because it was USD, I only see it as one full retail priced title, as I effectively paid ~66? which is just 10% over regular german/EU price.

On the matter of crashes: Most days its running just fine for me, but if it crashes, then at least 2-3 times in a row. NFI why. Pisses me off.

On the matter of general gameplay: I am a bit sad they ruined the DMRs. The damage-model and the recoil-pattern are just rendering them pointless, unfortunately. I still like them bit its like giving yourself a severe handycap.

Last edited:
About the crashes - at least for me this was fixed quite some time ago.
But yesterday my Origin decided to download a ~600mb (or so) patch and since then it crashes every second round ... annoying as f*ck.

e9OLf1R.jpg

Pretty damn accurate... I played a few rounds yesterday after installing a 888MB patch, and the 5th game crashed on me 2 minutes in, reconnected, crashed again, gave up. So no change for me. What annoys me the most is that I have to put back in and remove again the .de language files before and after every patch, because the game does not offer a language selection and forces the german interface and audio/text on me if I don't remove the german files.. pretty damn annoying.

Pretty damn accurate... I played a few rounds yesterday after installing a 888MB patch, and the 5th game crashed on me 2 minutes in, reconnected, crashed again, gave up. So no change for me. What annoys me the most is that I have to put back in and remove again the .de language files before and after every patch, because the game does not offer a language selection and forces the german interface and audio/text on me if I don't remove the german files.. pretty damn annoying.

In BF3 this could be solved by using Origin in english, seems like now it's forced via IP localisation or whatever... always have to delete the files.