Carbage

Cheap but fast forgives a multitude of sins.

And yes, it's a Neon... but that engine makes up for a lot of the shortcomings.

Stock SRT4s are not carbage.

Last edited:

Shh... I drive a wrx.. yes it is :p

:|

Actually, a stock '03 SRT-4 does the same 0-60 and is 0.1s faster in the quarter mile than your car. >_>

Its still a Neon........or something. Something about them just doesn't sit right with me, despite it being a car that punches above its weight. I think its mostly because of the attitude of the owners. Kind of the same reason I really don't like the Camaro. The owners seem to think its gods gift to the automotive world or something. Just seems that the only people who really buy the SRT-4 are the boy racer type, or at least around here. I like to think that my WRX is better, but in all honesty realize that it has alot of competition.

That said, the SRT-4 Neon isn't Carbage at all, or at least not in stock form. The Caliber version however......

JH

Couple of things.

Its still a Neon........or something.
While it's funny and a very easy way to get under the skin of SRT-4 owners to say it's just a "trumped up Neon", it's really not.
Wikipedia said:
The SRT-4's entire powertrain (engine and transmission), suspension, braking system, exhaust, wheels, tires, and a small portion of the interior were upgraded from the Neon. On the outside, the SRT-4's unique front fascia and hood featuring a functional hood scoop was distinctly different. The car also featured side skirts, a unique rear fascia, large rear wing, and model specific 17x6 inch wheels.

I think its mostly because of the attitude of the owners. Kind of the same reason I really don't like the Camaro. The owners seem to think its gods gift to the automotive world or something. Just seems that the only people who really buy the SRT-4 are the boy racer type, or at least around here.
Kind of like the attitude of Impreza owners, at least as far as this conversation is concerned? It does take a "special" kind of person to own an SRT-4, but that doesn't make the car any less good. That's like saying "just because cocks drive M3's/Audi's/whatever means the cars themselves are terrible".

Plus, I've seen plenty of douchebag Impreza owners who think they're gods gift to the automotive world. It's by no means confined to Camaro's and SRT-4's.

^it's just that certain cars have a certain image attached that they can't seem to shake

Whenever I see someone in an older Honda Civic I immediately think it's a chav/boy racer, even if it's an old dude driving it

He'll still have more style than this guy:

fail-owned-lift-car-fail.jpg

Sorry, but I actually thinks that's very cool. After having driven my girlfriend's '96 Camry between my old and new cars, that thing is f****** awesome. I'd be less embarrassed driving that than a stock white 1996 manual Camry.

:|

Actually, a stock '03 SRT-4 does the same 0-60 and is 0.1s faster in the quarter mile than your car. >_>

Yes but I have a Vishnu Stage 1 kit... :p

ps... me saying the srt-4 is carbage is like me saying the evo is carbage...they're competitors to my car so it's in good fun :p

Last edited:
Some crap from around the Pittsburgh area.

http://img4.imageshack.**/img4/305/img0683q.jpg
This might have been uploaded before by my brother...

http://img4.imageshack.**/img4/8238/img0859.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.**/img4/2433/img0919p.jpg
This piece of crap was parked next to my house on Monday.
It didn't occur to me until I was about half-way to the University to check if it was an automatic or not ('cause if it was an automatic, I would have died laughing).

Yes it does and they can be made seriously fast with a few tweaks.. I just can't see out the back of one of them and the insurance is insane for one.

And btw the motor was original for the PT GT and they took it and dumped it in the neon and got the SRT4... Sorry but a little tid bit of info for ya'll.

And what is wrong with storm troopers?

Oh wait they are painted on a car, never mind.. :cry:

I saw an SRT-4 with a fake Euro license plate the other day.

It's tacky when you do that on a VW/BMW.

It's just fucking dumb when you do it on a DODGE.

Couple of things.

While it's funny and a very easy way to get under the skin of SRT-4 owners to say it's just a "trumped up Neon", it's really not.

Kind of like the attitude of Impreza owners, at least as far as this conversation is concerned? It does take a "special" kind of person to own an SRT-4, but that doesn't make the car any less good. That's like saying "just because cocks drive M3's/Audi's/whatever means the cars themselves are terrible".

Plus, I've seen plenty of douchebag Impreza owners who think they're gods gift to the automotive world. It's by no means confined to Camaro's and SRT-4's.

That first part was supposed to be tongue in check.

I also acknowledged that it was a good car several times. Just in my experience to date, the people who own them (at least around here) seem to ruin the good parts of this car. I've also been disenchanted by some of the WRX people that have signed on in the last few years as well. The community and WRX people seemed really cool till around 2005, until the STI hype caught on and the WRX prices started going down into affordable ricer territory.

At the end of the day, since the Neon went away (the SRT-4 version with it), there have been alot of very worth replacements in the FWD world. The Mazda 3 being the big one I can think of.

Still not Carbage, at least until someone makes it so.

JH

That would actually be really good airbrushing on that Star Wars car if it weren't on a car and didn't have ricey claw marks running down it.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/ah/ahpadt/2009/03/02/front.jpg

First ruined Scirocco that I've spotted, and apparently the owner likes it.

Here's some Key West Carbage:

DSCF6467.jpg

DSCF6469.jpg

DSCF6501.jpg

DSCF6504.jpg

DSCF6310.jpg

DSCF6311.jpg

DSCF6361.jpg

DSCF6379.jpg

DSCF6466.jpg

DSCF6408.jpg